dinner

Options
okay so I just started working on my weight again and things are going really well, then today I run into the one thing that always gets me. My friend invites me to dinner but wont say anywhere to go so I cannot figure out calories before hand. It drives me crazy b/c we go to local places and I am never sure how much I am really getting cal wise. I have 1000 cals left for the day so I am hoping not to blow it. but does anyone have any ideas for when this happens? because it is one of the biggest reasons for me falling off the wagon.

Replies

• christahollis
    Options
    You can always stick to the tried and true...chicken breast (cooked with minimal oil) and whatever veggie is offered for the day. That way you'll know for sure that you're not going to blow it...even if you decide to share dessert!

I'm a vegetarian...so just the veggies for me!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I've been eating out a bunch recently (moving away, so trying to see friends before I leave and social things always surround food for us). I've been trying to do salads with broiled/grilled chicken, hummus platters and stuff like that. Also chicken Caesar wraps with the dressing on the side! yum! and if you like sushi, go for a sashimi plate, each piece is about 40-50 calories.

I also try to be the one to pick the restaurants when I meet someone. California Pizza kitchen, PF Cheng's, and cheesecake factory all have the nutritional information online. That way you can pick something ahead of time and plan your day accordingly.
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    thanks ya'll, I think I went a little over board tonight but that next time I am going to pick a place or two that we can go regularly that have nutrition info online. and I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind.