Waist -20% NSV!

Options
I usually don't post on the MFP message boards except to offer the occassional "atta-boy (or girl)", or to reply to a question that someone has posted.

However, today I felt the urge to share my happiness over an accomplishment that is long overdue. I have been shopping in the "Big Men's" section of the department stores for years as my weight went up and down (usually more up than down). When I started on MFP I was at, or close to my heaviest weight ever, and had just "graduated" from size 48 to size 50 pants (that's INCHES folks). To say the least this was pretty depressing, so the journey began.

Well, as I have gradually given away all of my various sized wardrobes I got to the point where I actually had to start to buy some clothes or wear the same things several times each week. It was great a month or so ago when I actually started to find more than one or two things in my size, and this really helped me to remain focused on the long term goals.

That brings us to this afternoon. It was time to look for a new pair of jeans, so I headed out to the local Walmart thinking I knew what to look for. Much to my surprise (and delight) I was wrong! My new jeans are size 40! That's a 20% reduction from my starting size...and they really fit well! I can only imagine what size I will be in by the time I hit my ultimate goal, but for now I am overjoyed that I no longer have to look for the sign that says "BIG MEN"! :bigsmile:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!