Life changes!

Hey all!

My name is Brooke, and I have been an on-again, off-again member of MFP for about a year. A few weeks ago, my boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me. Though I am still hurting, I have decided to commit to myself and my health. I deserve more than this, and won't settle for less. Feel free to add me if you'd like- I love support buddies, or just someone to talk/vent to. Good luck with your journey, and I hope to meet you soon!

Replies

• nymple
    nymple Posts: 55 Member
    Hi Brooke,

I am in a similar place with my boyfriend. We've been together 4.5 years however I am beginning to feel like it has run it's course. We've had a conversation and agreed to work on it but I suspect it's not going to end well as we have some big issues (I've told him this, I'm not just being a *****!)

However I think you are spot on for not settling (which is why I brought up the conversation with my bf in the first place). You do deserve more than this and now it's time to work to make it happen. Feel free to add me! Good luck with your journey too ;)
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    My bf dumped me too in October last year.
    I'm still a bit sad about it. But less so now. In fact I ate less then...First few months after the breakup until December, I barely ate anything and stayed in bed crying all day. Couldn't even eat chocolcate or icecream and my weight plummeted!

However the pain subsided in December, and well it was Christmas and I got my appetite back and stuffed my face. Anything and everything. Did it for most of January too..

Then February came, and I was sick of the sight of food, well not sick, but what I ate didn't satisfy me, as in basically I ate too much...

and now portioning everything out, so that I enjoy eating :) instead of stuffing my face and now even chewing what I eat.

Actually not sure this makes sense hahaha!

Good luck :)!
  • brookie0028
    brookie0028 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys! I know I am not alone in this. I know lots of people break up and have broken hearts for a while. I love the support that I get here, both weight-related and not!
  • Welcome back Brooke :smile: My name is Veronica and I am very new to this MFP I have found it on my cell phone. The journey I have a head of me is going to be a bumpy one. I am not in the same boat as you and I am really sorry to hear about the ex but i am sure it is his lost :smile: . I am 41 yrs old and I have already had a mini heart attack I should not be this way I did not intend for my life to turn out like this However, I will have to work with what I have been dealt in life. so here I am trying to work thru this. So I ask for any help out there and suggestions to help me with my journey. I wish you the best in yours
  • hello :smile: