Ready to live

Options
Hello to all!

My name is Veronica I am 41 yrs old I am a full time college student and I work full time. I am on here to help with a journey that is going to change my life forever as I am sure has have already with most of you. I have found MFP on my cell phone and I have just started with in the last few days. I really like that it has most to all of my foods in the database. I am on this journey because I have had a mini heart attack I never thought that it would happen to me and I was so scared. Basically the dr said either I loose weight or I die. So I do believe I choose live I am a mother of 1 son and he is my world and I want to be able to see my grandchildren grow well when my son decides to have them lol. :happy: So if you all can support and help me I will do the same for you. So if anyone has any suggestions on this life changing journey I am on please by all mean please help.

Thank you:smile:

Replies

• Sammcooper
    Options
    Hey to all! I'm ready to track my success..... I'm combining this with P90X and I look forward to seeing results based on my food choices! Add me as a friend I need all of the support I can get. I plan to loose 100 pounds. I have a weight loss P90x Challenge that I am doing also. Here is the link of my progress thus far subscribe to it if you like :)

I have a p90X Coah her name is golea28
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey! :flowerforyou:
    The biggest piece of advice I have for you (especially when navigating the MFP forums) is "listen to your body", no matter what. MFP is full of all kinds of people, good and bad -- and a lot of people who have lost weight, and will tell you all day long that their way is the ONLY way to lose weight, or you're not doing it "right."
    Through the high carb/low carb, eating exercise calories/not eating them, calories you need to eat for your body type/weight, types of exercise -- do what feels right for YOU, and success will follow. I'm not saying losing weight is going to be comfortable, not by any means. But there's a huge difference between "Not being able to eat ice cream and chips every day sucks" or "OW, since when do I have THOSE muscles!?" and "I feel fatigued at 1,200 calories a day"/"2,000 calories is making me gain" or "I literally feel like I'm going to die when I limit my carbs to 20 grams a day"
    Hope what I said makes sense... I know after you've been here a little while, it'll start making more sense lol.
    Btw, feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm still a long way from my goal (50 lbs +) so we're in this together! (: