shoes?!

Options
I need new shoes, good supportive ones. I can get shin splints and have bad knees. any suggestions??

Replies

• bjfrezell
    Options
    If you have a running store near you (like New Balance or something like that), go and get your feet assessed for the proper pair of shoes you need. It's worth the time and effort to have good shoes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If I were you I would look at minimalist shoes and learn a proper tecnique of landing on the mid to front half of your foot. Problems such as you describe are often caused by improper tecnique and most running shoes will only mask the problem. When running in minimalist shoes you get feedback on your form and tecnique with every step. Take a look at Fila Skeletoes or Vibram Five Fingers to see what I mean.
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh I don't run, HATE it! I do circuit training, kickboxing, and elliptical. I have bad knee(s) from a removed meniscus (torn on the job) and another injury not related to sports/exercise.
  • Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    I enjoy the nike free's with a new in sole in them or the new balance Minumus
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I definitely recommend New Balance. I have a problem with my knees and my physio suggested going toNew balance, they checked out my feet and gait and suggested trainers which were designed for people who walk/run like me apparently. Well they are the best things I ever bought! I swear by them. Really comfy and supportive, done my knees some good as they absorb lots of the impact. Hope that helps!