exercise calories

Options
Hi everyone...Im new, and I bet you have been asked this a trillion times from new people, so could you just say one more time?! :ohwell: Do I eat the calories I burn with exercise? i noticed on my tracker that it adds calories burned to the ones available...Also - I selected 'lose 2lbs per week' option when entering my info etc but it gave me 1200 cals per day and said that would result in 0.8lbs weight loss per week? Is that right?
Many Thanks in advanvce...
Jo

Replies

• Fitness_4_Jess
    Fitness_4_Jess Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories back. I try to eat about half of my exercise calories back. With you aiming to lose 2 pounds a week you really should eat back nearly all of your exercise calories. If you don't you will go crazy trying to stay under your count.
  • jojagg
    Options
    OK Good stuff. I will aim to do that. And also, do you know if its ok to kind of save up calories for the weekend? Or nights out? So that the weekly total is on target but there are days when you have gone over and days under?
    thanks!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK Good stuff. I will aim to do that. And also, do you know if its ok to kind of save up calories for the weekend? Or nights out? So that the weekly total is on target but there are days when you have gone over and days under?
    thanks!
    Here's the way I see it:
    A pound lost is 3,500 calories. Regardless of the calories you eat a day, if you have a 3,500 deficit at the end of the week, you've lost a pound. If you can manage to save up calories to use and still have a deficit, splurge if you want. Just make sure you're not going under 1,200 a day -- unless you're extremely short, or short and already at your goal weight, there's pretty much no way you'll be able to fully function on less. That's not the case for everyone, but for the majority of people it is.
  • jojagg
    Options
    thankyou! I will just start and see where it takes me...so far ive gone over both days lol! but the first week is all about getting down what I amvactually eating - its an eye opener! eek !!