New and in need of support!

Options
Hi! I had my first weigh in today and I lost just over 2lb - not bad since I only started on Wednesday. I'm using MFP together with Fitbit and Withing scales. I'm really impressed how easy it is but the gadgets do everything for me. The problem I always have is I find an excuse to give up after a bad day which turns into a bad week which means I might as well just give up!

I'm currently at University and I'd like a new me to start my new life after I graduate. I have a few mini goals along the way, the first being a holiday at the end of July.

I've been overweight all my life, I'm not aiming to be a skinny mini, but I'd like to be fit and health with a BMI to match.

I would be really grateful for any support, hints and tips you can throw my way - I would really appreciate it!!

Replies

• starrybirdy
    starrybirdy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    never give in

i lost a lot of weight a few years ago and it crept back on

i tried all the diet plans over and again it would work for a while then one bad day would become a week or a month

all i can say is take one day at a time

good luck hun

WE CAN LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One day at a time is all I can do, I feel a bit like a junky battling my addiction to food, but youre right - we can do this!!
  • spncalorie
    Options
    You are off to a great start. Don't let a bad day throw you off. I have a habit of doing that too. Just focus on the progress you have made and keep moving forward the next day. Don't focus on the bad days. Keep your healthy perspective. You don't have to be a size zero to be beautiful.
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki... well you're already my friend so thats good.. but I was where you are in the beginning of January. And you HAVE to have patience. If it weren't for my friends here on MFP I would have given up just like I have for the last 30 years.

I was a total junk food and fast food addict. I started cooking and its been about 2 months and I really don't even miss it anymore! Anyway I'm really glad you're here. I'll help you in any way I can!

Kim
  • starkissedx
    Options
    Im a student too at uni and i know how hard it is concerning your diet :( I have a junk food love affair too, chocolate, crisps, takeaways...carbaholic! I'll add you, as i need support also :) x
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys!

Really helps to know there are people around who know what Im going through. My family and friends are all slim and although they support me the best they can, they just dont understand how it is to be over weight and battle with food.

Youre all such an inspiration!!

P.s - how do i add the tracker to the bottom of my posts?
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend (anyone can). Good luck on your journey. This site and the support from others on here is amazing!
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with you goals.
    I joined MFP a while ago but kept giving up. I then decided to ask for support, found some companions and have stuck with it ever since. Just your news feed alone reminds you you're not alone. Over 8lb lost already in only a few weeks and can already see and feel a change. Even on bad days I still enter my calories which helps me focus.
    Feel free to add me, bevp123, the more support the better x
  • MelJack68
    Options
    You have already taken the most difficult step. Good health is the absolute best goal any of us can have. Feel free to add me if you like. Best wishes to you!!!