hunger=calories?

Options
do you ever find this happening to you? :

i eat a well balanced meal (e.g. not cake but paella/meat+veg/healthy curries/salads etc) that is filling BUT i know i haven't consumed enough calories even though i am full, because i have that "feeling" in my stomach

it is a bit like a "hunger" feeling but because i am full i feel like i don't want to eat anymore

does anybody else get this? is it that i haven't consumed enough calories? it usually happens towards the end of the day at dinner when, looking at my diary, i do have calories to spare that perhaps i kept back because i was worried about going over at dinner

thoughts?

Replies

• Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning I log in my exercise and what I am going to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then I fill in the rest with healthy snacks and usually aim to be at least 200 calories under my goal at the end of the day. Hope this helps.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I agree I also log my day at the start of the morning what I plan to eat to give me an idea for how many or how few calories I have for the day and then I amend it at the end of the day if I have made any changes as the day went on.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I feel that too, like hunger without hunger. Usually in the middle of the night. I lie to myself and pretend it's the Fat Destroyers waging a bloody battle.
  • missmacknz
    Options
    Maybe its stomach acid/irritation?
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're thirsty?
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get this too.. like you just ate a meal., and about 10 minutes or so later, your stomach is rumbling but you just ate so how could you be hungry??? I usually try some water wait at least 30 min, and if it isn't gone then I grab a fruit or veggie.. it's weird to feel hungry right after you have just eaten.
  • TrishD2
    TrishD2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get this feeling too. Sort of like I'm hungry but I don't want to eat anymore, I'm full. But I get that weird empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, not sure what it is, but when you find out let me know! lol
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It could be just the regular stages of digestion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borborygmus Especially if you are accustomed to eating until you burst, having a somewhat satisfied yet still "light" and not heavy feeling may make you feel like you are hungry. Then the air and the fluids have room to move around and do their job. I would still try to eat up to your calories. I read somewhere that it is normal to feel a little hungry when eating at a deficit, because your body wants the amount of food it takes to sustain it as it is.
  • TrishD2
    Options
    Wow, that does make sense, thank you for sharing!
  • TrishD2
    Options
    :happy:
  • TrishD2
    Options
    I feel that too, like hunger without hunger. Usually in the middle of the night. I lie to myself and pretend it's the Fat Destroyers waging a bloody battle.

Haha that's a cute way of thinking about it!