I'm Sick.

Hey everyone.

So, obviously from reading the title; I'm sick. Long story short, I haven't worked out in about three days now. I've been good with my calorie intake and stuff, haven't had any days with my intakes being majorly over the limit. I was hoping I would be feeling good enough today to work out again, but I don't think I am. I still have really bad chest congestion, so it's already hard enough for me to breathe.

Anyways, what I want to know is: If I don't work out for at most a week (starting from Friday because that's the first day I didn't work out), if I stay under all of my food intakes and eat healthy, will I be ok? Or am I going to start gaining weight back? I really hope I don't start gaining weight back because I've been finally able to lose some of it :( Please help!

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Hey everyone.

So, obviously from reading the title; I'm sick. Long story short, I haven't worked out in about three days now. I've been good with my calorie intake and stuff, haven't had any days with my intakes being majorly over the limit. I was hoping I would be feeling good enough today to work out again, but I don't think I am. I still have really bad chest congestion, so it's already hard enough for me to breathe.

Anyways, what I want to know is: If I don't work out for at most a week (starting from Friday because that's the first day I didn't work out), if I stay under all of my food intakes and eat healthy, will I be ok? Or am I going to start gaining weight back? I really hope I don't start gaining weight back because I've been finally able to lose some of it :( Please help!

If you are staying in your calorie goal you should still be losing weight even without exercise. Rest up and I hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Don't stress it! Get feeling better and then worry about your weight loss!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Don't stress it! Get feeling better and then worry about your weight loss!
    This. Focus on your health, don't worry about your weight while you are sick. Your body needs energy to fight off whatever you have, eat what you need and get healthy.
  • I can't do anything yet but stretch-because of back problems!! It kills that I'm so limited until the shots start to kick in! Feel better soon!
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    I was sick this week and couldn't eat very much and didn't exercise at all. First I had a gain but now my weight is back to what it was before I got sick. So no loss but no gain.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    If you are under your calorie goals, I'm sure you will probably still lose or at least stay the same. Without the activity, now is the time to make the good food choices even more. Take care of yourself and you'll be back to exercising soon!
  • Alright, thank you so much for all of your responses, I really appreciate it :)
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    I, personally, have found that thinking that much into it is a bit overwhelming. That's how I have failed before because I couldn't be "perfect". I have had to come to realize that I won't ALWAYS eat 100% like I'm supposed to and I won't make every workout day for whatever reason (besides just being plain lazy, that's no reason!) If you're sick, just feel better, worry about getting back on track when you are back to feeling like yourself! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I will tell you my situation. This past Thursday, I went to the dr for a follow up anyways but glad I had the appt because I had a horrid sore throat on Wednesday. He gave me a script for an antibioic. Friday, I woke up and my sore throat was gone but I had congestion and started with a cough. Now its Sunday and my cough is in my chest. Im NOT working out right now. I had learned from the past that if I do workout with chest congestion, my cold is prolonged. Personally, I don't think Id make it 2 min into a workout since I barely can walk from one end of the house to the other without coughing uncontrollably.
  • cjones0992
    cjones0992 Posts: 55 Member
    Your goal is already calculated at a calorie deficit (depending on where you set your goals such as lose 1/5 lb, 1 lb, 2lb, etc.) So yes, stay with your goal and you will still be on track. :smile:
  • Focus your energy and thoughts on getting well. There is no reason to focus on weight loss when your body is not able to give 100% to the cause! Get well first, then return to battle rested and refreshed!
  • I will tell you my situation. This past Thursday, I went to the dr for a follow up anyways but glad I had the appt because I had a horrid sore throat on Wednesday. He gave me a script for an antibioic. Friday, I woke up and my sore throat was gone but I had congestion and started with a cough. Now its Sunday and my cough is in my chest. Im NOT working out right now. I had learned from the past that if I do workout with chest congestion, my cold is prolonged. Personally, I don't think Id make it 2 min into a workout since I barely can walk from one end of the house to the other without coughing uncontrollably.

Hahah, I'm having the exact same problem, so I'm sorry you have to put up with that because it's terrible :(

And thank you again for all of your advice. No work out for me tonight!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    If you continue to eat at a calorie deficit (the amount you've been eating to lose this weight) you should continue to lose.

This past week I didn't exercise ( I normally exercise 5 days a week) and even without exercising I lost 5 lbs this week!!! I didn't undereat and in fact went over a few days. BUT I also made awesome food choices. If you aren't going to exercise then you need to focus on what you are eating instead... continue to make wise food choices, and make sure you get your water in.

Get well soon!!!
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Hey first of all don't worry about working out when you are sick U have been doing great all through the past week and you can always start once u feel better so just get some good rest for now ...as for as the gaining weight part if u keep up with your calorie intake u should't gain any weight but keep in mind that doesn't mean eating junk food just keep making healthy food choices (which I am sure you are) and you should be good Hope u feel better soon... take Care