Safslim users?

Options
What are your thoughts on Saflim (recently publicized by Dr. Oz and Montel WIlliams)? I am typically opposed to so-called 'diet aids' but I have heard some great things about this supplement.

Have you tried it?
Are you taking it?

Thoughts?

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    The way I feel about diet pills or aids is that if it's something you can't take your whole life, forget about it!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it is that if it worked, no one would be overweight. Everyone is trying to come out with the next diet fad because they know people will buy into the hype and purchase the products.

They are nothing but unhealthy money makers in my opinion. Most of the things on the market are not even approved by the FDA. Eating well and exercise is the only thing that works. All diet pills also same the same thing on their labels .. "success with a calorie reduced diet and increased exercise"
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    It Is safflower oil. Period.

Go buy some fish oil, flax seed oil, safflower oil, or CLA...

Their stuff is extremely overpriced and quite frankly laughable.

"lose weight without diet and exercise!"
    Bottom of page says "must use diet and exercise"

PSH, also Dr. Oz is a sell out crock
  • sheweya
    Options
    SafSlim is not the same as fish oil, flax seed oil, or CLA. From what I understand, CLA targets fat in the thighs, hips and butt, while SafSlim targets belly fat. It does contain high linoliec safflower oil, but pure safflower oil is pretty much inedible. According to the website, "The safflower oil commonly found in the grocery store is an oleic oil, a non-essential fatty acid generally used for cooking." I personally like SafSlim and have noticed results in a short amount of time. I've been on it for about 2 weeks now, and am seeing a difference in how my pants fit. I believe most intelligent people using this product to lose belly fat will understand that it must be used in conjunction with diet and exercise, just like any other supplement. It's not a quick fix, but I think it helps me stay on track with my weight loss and belly fat reducing goals. Just wanted to clear up that it's not the same and works differently than fish oil, flax seed oil and CLA. Thanks and good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • steach
    steach Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been on Safslim for 3 weeks, along with a low glycemic diet. I have lost 12 lbs in three weeks and my fibromyalgia is gone. I know diet is a huge factor, but the supplement increases Adiponectin, a hormone that regulates belly fat. Most of my weight loss has been in the belly. For me, the proof is in the bottle.