“I don't mind being old, but been fat and old.... fleck th

Options
Hi all,
I've just started on my weight loss journey today, hope you can help me when the novelty wears off tomorrow.

Replies

• melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to MFP. I log in every day and this keeps me motivated.
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    Hiya and well done on making the awesome choice to lose weight ... i find this site extremely helpfull and full of support, have now been here 5 weeks and love it (its almost addictive) lol... wish you the best of luck on your journey and if you want to add me for that little bit of support... then plz do
  • BreK51
    BreK51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OH Jimmy ,
    I am 60 and overweight. But my daughter introduced me to this site, and I am really enjoying it. To meet people like myself , that have the same weight struggling game. This time though I have people who will encourage me , cheer for me. help me when I get to those discouraging low points. We can do this Jimmy, we all can, with each other's help WE WILL SUCCEED. and make amazing new friends from all over this wonderful world of ours! YOU CAN, I CAN , WE ALL CAN "DO IT" HAVE a great and awesome day! Bre K
  • aingestirera
    Options
    Im all addicted to this site now. I even downloaded it on my phone for easy recording! It made me motivated to exercise more because i can visually see how it deducted on my total calorie intake. Like i can eat something because i know i can burn it of! hehe!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Jimmy, you made me laugh. I often have times of demotivation. But the people here (mostly) are great.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Keep coming back and log your food and exercise. Before you know it you'll be losing weight! If you need advice, just ask. Most people on here are very friendly and definately don't mind giving advice. You'll soon find what works for you. Like somone else said, you may get addicted to this site. I'm already thinking of how many calories I'd be burning if I wasn't sitting at my laptop on this site so much!
    Congrats on joining and good luck!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. Getting older bites...being fat at the same time really sucks. I'm on the same journey. Feel free to friend me if you want someone who will kick your butt.
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You're not that old! Exercise and diet will shed the years off you and your mindset. Add me and we can journey together!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Hello!?!?!?!? WHO ARE YOU CALLIN' OLD?!?!?!? lol!!!!!:noway: I am 47 and I don't consider myself old... :wink: I do, however realize that parts of my body don't feel as good as they used to when I run or walk. My knees have been through a pounding over the past years of running and not resting between!

:laugh: don't get discouraged! YOU CAN DO THIS if you really want to!
  • mreko2005
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. 44? Shoot, you're still a spring chicken! :happy:

Chronologically, I'm 58 (mentally, physically and emotionally are a different story entirely) and this is the year I'm going to break all my old eating habits and lose weight. I find that having to keep a food diary and account for everything I devour, really helps keep me on track. The members here are really supportive and willing to give advice anytime one needs it.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Old and fat... been there, done that. I don't want to go back.

I'm 42 and had ballooned up to 251 pounds before I decided to do something about it -- not to mention that I also had high blood pressure, sleep apnea/snoring, was constantly fatigued, was growing out of my size 40" waist pants, etc.

30 pounds later... the blood pressure is almost back to normal, the snoring/apnea is almost gone, I feel revitalized and energetic, and my 40" pants are now falling off me.

You can do this too... Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • KitchenBabe
    Options
    I'm new here, too, and this is MY first post. And I agree....I don't mind being old, especially since I don't FEEL old, but I would look and feel a lot younger with a lot less weight to carry around. I want, and need, to do this, and I'm GOING to do this.
  • Irishjimmy
    Options
    Thank you all for that great welcome ......just finished reading the posts and have to say.... {I'M HYPED} pity It's 1.10am here in Ireland cos I won't sleep a blinkin wink.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Aw, have a shot of Glenlivit and call it a night, bloke.
  • mreko2005
    Options
    Aw, have a shot of Glenlivit and call it a night, bloke.

Don't forget to add it to your food diary though.