I'm new.

Options
:happy: Hi. I just started on this site a couple days ago. I am female, age 62 and 80 pounds need to be lost. I can use all the help i can get. Anyone out there like me?

Replies

• Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off, know that you can do this. Behind ever successful woman...... is herself. Read that on a bumpersticker today and had to laugh, as its probably true! This site is a terrific helper and motivational resource. I've seen so many stories of success and inspiration on here. Best of luck to you and keep fighting the good fight.
  • rsidebo
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement...very kind!
  • JeanneNinjaMomma
    Options
    Hi I am new as well. I just got on the Wii fit and I have gained 10 more pounds. I can not go on like this. I have a friend who has been doing great on here and that inspired me to sign up too. Hopefully we can all do this together. I need to loose about 100pounds...probably more but Id be happy with that.
  • KitchenBabe
    Options
    I'm new here, too, and so far I like SO much what I'm seeing. I've added a few friends, apart from the one who sent me the invite, and really looking forward to tomorrow. I think anything is easier to do when you don't feel alone in it, and we can keep each other encouraged and uplifted. :)
  • rsidebo
    Options
    It's hard to be new...let's be friends? Let's share our successes!
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site is a great motivator as well as keeping you accountable. Take one day at a time, and don't let any mistakes get you down. We all have days we do well and others not so great...health and fitness is a journey not a destination.
  • bobthesmogs
    bobthesmogs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too, 52, female, in Australia. Today marks day 14 for me and I've lost 2kgs. This site is wonderful ... I'm managing to track all my food and exercise really easily (and boy, it's been an eye opener) .... not surprised at all now how I've managed to stack on 20+ unwanted kilos. I find the success stories on the community forum the most inspiring. Good Luck with your journey! Add me if you like.
  • roadworthy
    Options
    80-100 lbs to lose over here:) So far, so good. Bit by bit it is coming off. Feel free to add me. You can do this!