Drs ordered me to rest :(

Options
I have 20 days until my wedding and 3 kgs to go to be at my goal for my wedding day and i have pulled my pectoral muscle (gardening of all things) and have been told NO EXERCISE by my Dr....2 days of rest and an 800 gram gain (yep my body sucks) and im itching to jump on the treadmill, pick up my weights or thrown on some p90x HELP!!!!

Are there exercises i can do safely? Im bored and feel terrible....also should i be adjusting my intake due to my TDEE being much less??

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    I have 20 days until my wedding and 3 kgs to go to be at my goal for my wedding day and i have pulled my pectoral muscle (gardening of all things) and have been told NO EXERCISE by my Dr....2 days of rest and an 800 gram gain (yep my body sucks) and im itching to jump on the treadmill, pick up my weights or thrown on some p90x HELP!!!!

Are there exercises i can do safely? Im bored and feel terrible....also should i be adjusting my intake due to my TDEE being much less??

Doctors orders trump any opinions on here I think.
    Reduce calories, not a bad idea.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

What he said...
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk?
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't work out... Im on a rest break because I have some upper respiratory thing and can't even walk to my kitchen without hacking up a lung. I know how you feel!! Im itchin to do some Zumba but sadly wouldn't make it a full minute.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree - Drs orders trumps all, but I would ask (after the 2 days of complete rest) you could at least walk (watch the swinging of arms!)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I had a knee injury and did upper body stuff. I have a shoulder injury and started running again. You can walk, I can't see how that would be a problem. It is movement that is a problem. Running may cause problems, but if walking doesn't add to the pain, I am sure that you'll be OK.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

Absolutely the best advice.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I know you want to look your best on your wedding day, but take care of yourself.

If you ignore the doctor and continue working out, you could further injure yourself, perhaps to the point where you won't even be able to enjoy your wedding day.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I agree with desirae. Talk to Dr. And you could adjust your calorie intake.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'd watch my food carefully and just walk.
  • lindamac101
    Options
    just had back surgery on Monday. I usually exercise 90 minutes a day. I went in and adjusted my settings to no exercise and I am sticking to the recommended 1200 calories a day. i am bored and hungry, but in order to get better I am following my doctors orders.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Rest and relax. You're going to be a beautiful bride no matter what.

The 3kg you *might* have been able to lose in the next 20 days would not make any difference at all in how you're going to look in your wedding gown or photos.

In fact, you'll probably look even more radiant if you're well rested in the next three weeks than if you ran yourself ragged trying to drop just a little bit more weight.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

I agree.

I can't imagine why you couldn't walk. I would deffinitely call the dr and ask if you can walk. There may be a reason he doesn't even want you walking. Pecs are close to the lungs he may not want you even doing something that will cause you to have to breath deeply. I would call first.

Believe me, the last thing you want is an injury holding you back on your honey moon. I would much rather be healthy and 5lbs heavier on my honeymoon, than hurt and the same weight or less.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You're hurt, which means you're only out, at most, a couple of weeks. If you don't rest, you'll become injured, which will derail you for a couple of months. Take weeks over months.
  • tophat1
    Options
    Rest, cut sodium, cut carbs, drink lots of water and I bet you can lose 3 kg
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    Rest and relax. You're going to be a beautiful bride no matter what.

The 3kg you *might* have been able to lose in the next 20 days would not make any difference at all in how you're going to look in your wedding gown or photos.

In fact, you'll probably look even more radiant if you're well rested in the next three weeks than if you ran yourself ragged trying to drop just a little bit more weight.

I agree with this post.
    Best of luck on your wedding day. Listen to your doctor's orders. And take it easy. If all else walking will not hurt as long as you keep your arms down. If it hurts stop.
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Rest now like the doc says so you can enjoy the aerobics between the sheets:blushing: