What are some good supplements to take for weight loss?

Options
I don't mean diet pills or anything though :happy:

Replies

• ShellHubbard
    Options
    I absolutely love PGX Daily, the fiber packets Dr. Oz recommended. I feel full, I have energy because my blood sugar is balanced, and it just helps me stick to my calorie allotment for each day. I haven't ever recommended something like this before, but I just can't stop raving. Dr. Oz even had it checked out by his chemists and has said it's an all natural plant based fiber. I take a packet before lunch and one before dinner and I love it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat real food (not too much, not too little) and do some exercise (not too much).
    If you do this, you can save the money you would have wasted on supplements to buy gorgeous new outfits when you lose weight!
  • SheIsElusive
    Options
    haha good advice!
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer started me on pro-biotics for approximately 1 month (that was rather unpleasant). Then she switched me to Omega-3 and B complex. I honestly can't say if they help or not. Apparently i'm a lemming - just following what she tells me. :-)

It is expensive though and i would think if i am just eating and exercising in a healthy way, particularly eating a variety of whole foods, any supplements should be unnecessary.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Eat real food (not too much, not too little) and do some exercise (not too much).
    If you do this, you can save the money you would have wasted on supplements to buy gorgeous new outfits when you lose weight!

THIS!
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    [
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I read a good article on a professor who lost 27 pounds eating just twinkies and othr junk food... He said, "it does not matter what you eat but just eat a deficit..
    Saying that, its not healthy but its a point... I live on egg whites and chicken breasts. I eat junk food from time to time but I find it wastes up calories.

For example - 1 cookie is 235 calories (Tim Hortons)

for that, I could eat 1 entire carton of egg whites (240cals) and take in 56grams of protein.... I do love cookies!!!
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Not saying you should or shouldnt take them but you can look into CLA. It was recommended to me and has worked pretty well. Like you, I wasnt looking for a magic pill that would do the work for me, just something that might help out in my efforts. I tried products like Hydroxycut and didnt lose anymore weight with them than I did without them. CLA has worked.