Polar HRM question

I went shopping for a heart rate monitor today after doing some reading here and on other sites. I was going to purchase the FT7, but I ended up having a question about it. I did buy one, but it shows it is the FT7M, which I think means men's version. I would love a smaller watch face on it, and tried to find the women's version but couldn't. Any advice - do you think it is worth returning it (if I can, it is unused and still all wrapped up in the box, but I need to check their policy) and trying to find or order the women's version? Is the size difference substantial between the two? Any other differences besides the size of the watch part itself?

Thank you for any guidance! I can't find a picture of the two versions side-by-side for comparison, nor have I been able to find dimensions.

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    I don't know but I just bought one and having a hard time figuring out how to work the darned thing.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 302 Member
    I don't know but I just bought one and having a hard time figuring out how to work the darned thing.
    Uh-oh, that doesn't bode well! Hope you are able to master it. I did notice the directions seemed kind of skimpy, and I was wondering if it was one of those cases where you really have to get online to figure it out.
  • adammccrady
    adammccrady Posts: 99 Member
    I love my FT7 and have had no problems with it!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    i bought an FT7 (m) off of ebay that wasnt used but was a display item. It was only $50 and it came with everything EXCEPT directions. So i sat there and explored everything and figured out how to configure it. If you have ANY questions, send me a message and ill try to help.

edit: there is NO difference between the M and F except the size of the watch.
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    I just got a FT4 and love it. It is pink - and the watch face is fairly small. The directions were skimpy but they did say to read more online. Fairly easy to figure out just by punching buttons for awhile :)
  • Oretexan
    Oretexan Posts: 108
    Good luck
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Ok ... Amazon has all of them and you can compare them there. Mainly the size will be the only difference. As for learning how to use it correctly ... A good friend of mine told me to you tube it ! I did and it was awesome .. shows you step by step !

I have the Polar F4 ... Best thing since sliced bread ! LOL !

PS ... Make sure you wet the strap before EVERY use ! Just sayin' :wink:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    I just got a FT4 and love it. It is pink - and the watch face is fairly small. The directions were skimpy but they did say to read more online. Fairly easy to figure out just by punching buttons for awhile :)

This is what I have and adore!
  • twhitney
    twhitney Posts: 65 Member
    I love my FT4!
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    My FT7 has become part of me :happy:
  • I got an FT7 today. The directions it comes with are worthless. If you go to the Polar website, you can get the user manual. It's really easy to follow.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    I also have the T4 and love it. Would recommend it to anyone. And I agreeeeeee, best thing ever!!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    I purchases my FT7 online (new) 2 weeks ago and love it. I have no issues with it! I paid about $73 for it. That price includes the shipping. If you paid considerably more than that I would return it.

2521768.png
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    I have the womens FT7. I did side by side comparisons at the store and chose the womens because it was SLIGHTLY smaller. But I wouldnt say it was a huge difference.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I got a Polar FT7 for Christmas and it was amazing for a month or so. Then, during my workouts it would all of a sudden show my heart rate over 200, or drop down to 0. The company FINALLY responded back to me and are sending me a new chest strap. I explained what was going on and how I was caring for it, so they're sending one for free. Good luck!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Some of them the polar ones are for either male or female, and they allow you to set your gender at the time you program them. I bought mine at Acadamy sports and there was a display rack of them. The one I got was for female and it is red. To me it looks like it is more for a guy. But so did all of the others except for the pink one and it was not one of the polar ft4 or ft7. I saw no difference in size of the watch itself and there was a black one that was suppose to be for either sex. The only ones I have seen online that seem to make a difference in them are the ones that are either purple or pink. I like girly kind of things and would of gotten one of those if they had them. Easy to program, I am 55 and am a computer dummy, so if I did it anyone could. There is a web site that is pretty cool that you can go to when you get your polar and log things into it. Much like this web site only more stuff. As far as the instructions go, I bought mine new and it didn't come with instructions. Well just a tiny little peice of paper, and it let you know you could go online and buy the detailed version or download it. But there is instructions online if you want to look at them.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 302 Member
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the replies! The local store is going to order the women's version, I think, and I'll exchange the one I purchased. The band on the watch is just too big for my wrist! I believe I'm going to stick with the FT7 although that cute pink FT4 keeps calling my name. Weird, I'm not a girly-girl by any stretch, but I like that pink watch. :huh: