52 lbs & 40+ inches w/pics...33lbs to go

Options
First---I did not get here from overeating---not all fat people eat too much aznd I can say fat people because I WAS one!! You never know what someone might be dealing with so don't judge!!

I am over half way to my goal weight. I was injured in an accident 8 years ago. When it was all said and done I had to learn to walk again, feel pain 24/7 and take tons of medications. I have continued to have to take tons of meds, pain meds and so on due to nerve damage and RSD in one leg and chronic pain in my back as well as a thyroid that would not work even with medications. Most meds had a weight gain side effect plus I still had pain and could not workout and top it off with the thyroid and 85lbs just attached to me. I had come to terms with forever being overweight because I could not even workout from pain. I cannot feel from my hip to ankle on my right leg, my brain was retrained to trust it is there but there was horrbile pain even if I can't feel the limb completely.

I had our first child 9mo ago and lost the baby water weight in 6 weeks so these pics start at the exact weight I was when we found out we were expecting---so NO this loss is not baby weight.

In Oct I began this journey and not intended either---I had given up. I was given a vitamin supplement sample because I was tired and little did I know what it was going to do to me. It is a powder so full of my dailies, antioxidents, anti inflamatories and so much more it changed my life. Within a month my pain was GONE and I did not need any of the list of medicaitons I was on, weight started to come off (8lbs-1st month)--holly molly my thyroid was working again and the meds I was on for it couldn't do that. That gave me hope to just give it one more shot and see if I could workout with no pain and I could and have continued to do so since!!

Long story short, 5 months in and I am still pain free for the 1st time in 8 yrs by taking this vitamin supplement (the anti inflamatories play a major role in this--Tumeric is AMAZING), off ALL medications for pain, anxiety, sleep and thyroid and have lost 52 of the 85 lbs. I can workout again and not spend 10 days recovering from it and in so much pain I can't move.

Those of you that just don't want to workout---don't take it for granted becuase some people truly can't without a pain not even comparable to child birth!! Having my son was a walk in the park compared to the pain I felt 24/7 !!

Fibro, RSD, RA and nerve damage are terrible things to have to live with and very hard to explain to others because on the outside we look fine but inside were not.

May 2011
2h7hsmu.jpg
Nov 2011
5wfgpj.jpg
Dec 2011
qrn4ic.jpg
Jan 26 2011
11htbvl.jpg

Replies

• Bradysgirl214
    Bradysgirl214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great job so proud of you!
  • TealStar13
    Options
    You look amazing! :)
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. w2g
  • taknangl
    Options
    You look fantastic. You're doing a great job. Forget what anyone says, you're freaking awesome!
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is an amazing loss...You look great!!!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Great job! & the second picture is sooo cute!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes...you look great. Younger too. Super Job.
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, you look gr8!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look beautiful.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    so proud of you my friend!! That's a lot of hard work, all done by YOU. xox
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Would love to know what was in those vitamin supplements!
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow you have come through so much and come out on top you look great.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow....you look great and the little one is a cutie too =) Keep up the great work and Im glad that your feeling better!
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    You look amazing. I am glad to see you are doing so well and have overcome the pain, etc.
    What is is your supplements? Please share the info.
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! It feels great to feel better again. I feel like I have been given a 2nd cahnce at life and damn if I am not going to grab it by the horns and run with it!!

Those that asked for more info about it I emailed you. I would put it here but I don't feel right doing so since I am not trying to advertise in here for the lady I buy it from LOL although she would probably like me too put it out there. Anyway check your email, I gave you a little info on it that I know about it and what it has done for me and my hubby who has also lost 50lbs
    They had to kill his thyroid years ago so he too coudln't loose weight but has since I made him start taking it. Aren't wives great???? At least I tried it first before I forced him to take it, I felt so good I knew it would make him feel better---Most days I won't steer him wrong :)
  • nursegirl53
    Options
    You look amazing. This is the exact thing I need to see to keep myself going. Congratulations!
  • Mom2Asa
    Options
    Oops---I guess the quote did not work.....
  • nursegirl53
    Options
    Could you email me the supplements and products you use? I have fibromyalgia and I think ulcerative colitis, have to be tested. I have lost 10 pounds so far, but that is just through my diet. I hurt alot and its hard to exercise.
  • Mom2Asa
    Options
    so proud of you my friend!! That's a lot of hard work, all done by YOU. xox

Thanks hun!! It helps having great friends like you on MFP to encourage one another!! Thanks for being there to encourage!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!