Not losing weight?

I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day and doing cardio 3x per week for 30 minutes but I've lost no weight at all for like a week. Is this because I'm eating too much fat or carbs or should I be eating less calories? Thanks for the advice =]

Replies

• KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Good question. I have been wondering the same thing. I have been been under my calorie goal each day and exceeded my exercise goals and I weigh the exact same. But I even when I am under my calories for the day, I notice I am sometimes over the carbs or protein. Not sure if that is affecting my results. This is my first time losing weight so I am trying to figure it all out :)
  • gleechick609
    gleechick609 Posts: 544 Member
    1. Fat does not make you fat

2. Are you eating back your exercise calories that you burn? If not, you need to (since MFP is already creating a deficit based upon your daily JOB activity)

3. If you are not satisfied eating at a low calorie number (1200), I suggest creating a 20% deficit below your TDEE

Go to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
    Use their military body fat calculator and then the BMR calculator
    When you are done, there will be a chart at the bottom at the page that will tell you how much you should be eating PER activity/fitness level
    Change your goals on MFP to reflect your new caloric goal

Good luck!
  • sappyoldlady
    sappyoldlady Posts: 49 Member
    Just a suggestion....someone said that you should measure yourself....may be building muscle ....I get discouraged easily...trying to take some advice....
  • Muscle weighs more than fat. Also, if you are watching your calories and adding in your exercise you may be netting less calories than you have actually eaten. With that in mind....lets say you eat 1000 calories, but you burned 500 throughout the day - you are way low. Eating to few calories stalls your metabolism and makes your body hoard the small amount that it is getting.