Ground Turkey Recipes! help!

Options
Carita79
Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
Does anyone have healthy ground turkey recipes..peferably spicey and not burgers? help i wanna mke dinner..sooon!

Replies

• MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com!
  • sappyoldlady
    sappyoldlady Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    taco soup....should be on here I entered it...make it as spicy as you like!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I use Lipton onion soup mix, one egg, some turkey meat, breadcrumbs, and ketchup. It makes a nice meatloaf.
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    almost anything made with ground beef can be made with turkey
  • beankid
    beankid Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has a cute meatloaf recipe!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I made tacos the other day. They were really good, i could not tell the difference. I used a soft taco and added a little quinoa to it as well.
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just had turkey meatloaf tonight for the first time and it was actually really good.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you can make Indian spicy kebabs. Mix finely chopped onion, grated garlic, ginger, salt, chilli powder, garam masala & make balls or kebabas & cook on pan with little oil. Serve with flatbread or Pita along with lettuce , tomato.

or you can make Italian wedding soup--- use turkey to make balls & then put some spinach for green & Quinoa in place of pasta. I made it last week & it was yumm. I added a green chilli as I like my food spicy.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, skinnytaste has some awesome recipes. I love her meatloaf and the asian meatballs!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make a taco ring out of reduced fat crescent rolls. For one serving I estimate it at around 361 calories... It is pretty yummy!
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I make a southwest lasagna that uses ground turkey cooked with onions, tomatoes and taco seasoning, corn tortillas instead of noodles and green enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce. I serve it with Tabasco and low fat sour cream. I always get complements and no leftovers.
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    I make a taco bake with wheat noodles, ground turkey, taco seasoning, salsa, some diced tomatoes with green chilies, low fat cheese, and fat free sour cream on top. Very good; only about 200 calories a serving.
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Individual size turkey meatloaves, soooo delicious, seriously. My husband loves them too!
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/turkey-mini-meatloaves-with-roasted-root-veggies

Lasagna cupcakes, sooo yummy:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1648214

Awesome turkey chili, adjust heat as needed!:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/turkey-chili-crunch

These are staples in my household.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    There is a Ricotta Stuffed Turkey Meatball recipe here on MFP. Just type that into the search. It's really good, but sort of messy to make.
  • crunkpunch
    Options
    Stuffed peppers! Replace the rice with Quinoa!
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    I make mini meatloafs (in a muffin tin, so they cook really quickly). The version below is modified slightly to lower the calories from a Rachel Ray recipe (original here - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/meatloaf-muffins-with-barbecue-sauce-recipe/index.html).

We love these, they work great for lunches and freeze pretty well.

Ingredients
    1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground turkey
    1 medium onion, cut into chunks
    2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
    1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
    1/4 cup eggbeater (or you can use a large egg) plus a splash of milk, beaten
    1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
    1 cup (low sugar!) smoky barbecue sauce (if I can't find a low sugar version I mix my own using low-sugar ketchup, mustard, liquid smoke & molasses)
    1/2 cup tomato salsa (make it as spicy as you want, I prefer the non-chunky kind for this recipe. Watch the sugar & sodium!)
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    non-stick spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Put ground turkey into a big bowl. Put onion, celery & bell pepper in your food processor (NOTE -- you can make them w/o the veges and they come out ok, but not as healthy). Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces (make sure they are really small, otherwise you end up with an odd texture), then add them to the meat bowl. Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl. Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce. Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands - using ground turkey be sure not to overwork the meat, it gets tough if you mash it around too much.

Spray a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with non-stick spray (or coat lightly with olive oil). Spoon the meat mixture into the tin, make a small indentation in the top and put a spoonful of extra sauce on top of each one. Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Just made this tonight.

Ground Turkey Chili - Serves 8

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 pounds 99% fat-free ground turkey
    5 tbsp chili powder
    5 tbsp ground cumin
    1/2 tsp oregano
    3/4 tsp ground coriander
    1 tsp ground black pepper
    2 cans Rotel Original
    1 29oz can tomato sauce, no salt added if possible
    1/2 can of each of the following beans (rinsed and drained)
    - Red kidney beans
    - Black beans
    - White kidney beans
    2 small to medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 medium to large jalapeno pepper

Preparation:

Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Add onion, chopped pepper and garlic. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Crumble the turkey into the pot, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.

Stir in chili powder, cumin, coriander, pepper, and oregano. Add Rotel, tomato sauce, float the jalapeno and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and chopped tomatoes, mix well and cook on low heat for another 15 minutes.

Remove the jalapeno, squeeze the juice and add to the pot. Either discard the pepper or if you like your chili extra hot, chop it up nice and finely and add it in.

This recipe doesn't need any added salt because the other ingredients add enough of their own.

Yields 8 servings.

Nutritional info:

TOTAL: Calories: 1899, Carbs: 166, Fat: 24, Protein:240, Sodium: 4974, Sugar: 51
    PER SERVING: Calories: 237, Carbs: 21, Fat: 3, Protein: 30, Sodium: 622, Sugar: 6