Exercise Programs: 30DS, Pxo9 or whatever its called...

Options
I see so many people getting really great results from these but I'm afraid they'll be a little to intense for me. I have really weak knees and a lot of problems jumping around and things like that. Do any of these video workouts NOT involve jumping around or jumping from laying on the ground into a standing position? I'd like to try them out.

Some I've heard about are 30 Day Shred, Brazillian Butt Lift, Beachbody, etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred you do A LOT of jumping...
  • Charlene1221
    Charlene1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    They are pretty rough on the knees until you can get them stronger, 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels is not to bad....
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    The only one I have experience with is the 30DS, and it does involve jumping and things that will be hard on your knees. Sorry!
  • MRonson
    Options
    the 30DS was really hard on the knees I found...haven't tried any of the others, sorry!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

It's FREE. Low and no impact. It does require weights and machines, there are other programs on bodybuilding.com that you could find for the home. It's all free. love that website. If they had a food diary option, I wouldn't even be on MFP.

This program does have nutrition and push/pull workouts for the home as well. Check it out :)
    I can't do things like 30DS and certain p90X sessions because of all the high impact.
  • Vash41288
    Options
    P90x2 has quite a bit of jumping involved as well, For some of them they do have alternatives in case you have some issues though.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have zero issues on my knees and when I started 30DS it was pretty rough on them; It DOES get better as you level up/gain strength, but there is A LOT of jumping
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Do you like kickboxing? YouTube clips of Turbo Fire (that's a Beachbody DVD series) - it's intense kickboxing with a dance flair. FUN! There are some jumping/plyometric moves, but there's a modifier person you can follow and copy her moves --- so you don't have to do those jumping moves - you can do the modified version which is still intense, but low impact.
    I got GREAT results from Turbo Fire - great workout!!
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    P90x isn't too bad on your knees. Some of the workouts have jumping but you could definitely modify.
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing the Jamie Eason program now :) I guess is seems so low-intensity compared to the other ones I read about people doing on here.

I'll check out the videos for Turbo Fire. Thanks!
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Insanity is definitely not what you are looking for but the 30DS is not bad at all. JMO
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Another good Beachbody program is Slim 'n 6. That was the first one I did. No jumping at all if I remember right.
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have done, INSANITY, which has ALOT of jumping(or Plyometrics) and it was rough on the knees at first, I wrapped them until They got stronger. Not alot of room for modifying. Def a upper level workout.

P90X has alot of weights, some plyo(jumping) but has modifications. Upper level.

Brazilian Butt Lift is a great program also. It REALLY works on your rear and legs. But again with weak knees, will you be able to tolerate all the squats?!?! This one works well...but not if your knees can't tolerate alot of squats and lunges.

Right now i am doing Turbofire with a Chalean Exteme Hybrid. I LOVE Turbofire. Its intense but not as intense as say INSANITY. There are some plyo(jumping) moves, but it has lower impact modifications by watching the girl on the right, she does virtually no jumping.

All of these programs are put out by BeachBody. (I am a huge Beach Body fan as you can see) From personal experience and from ppl i know using them...all of these if you dedicate yourself, give results. My advice is to find clips of the vids on the web and ck them out before buying. Make sure they are your speed before buying. All three programs are a tad pricey, especially with so many people being on a budget these days. Having said that buying one of them is an investment in yourself and totally worth it.

As far as 30DS. I've never used it. I know many ppl who love it. Personally, J Micheals annoys me so its doubtful I could watch her and enjoy the workout. And I know you can find some of 30DS dvd's at Walmart for under 10.00.
  • brandynicole28
    brandynicole28 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    P90x2 has quite a bit of jumping involved as well, For some of them they do have alternatives in case you have some issues though.
    YES....what they said!!!

There is a version of P90X, its an alternative to the "Classic" cycle of P90X, the LEAN cycle elimanates the Plyometrics entirely.
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 looks pretty low impact and actually 30DS does too. I may try it out tomorrow! A little concerned about the jumping jacks but I'l never know until I try! Thanks so much!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 looks pretty low impact and actually 30DS does too. I may try it out tomorrow! A little concerned about the jumping jacks but I'l never know until I try! Thanks so much!

I did 30DS for a week before I stopped cause I got tired of Jillian yelling at me (she made me cry:sad: )

But for the jumping jacks I did them until my knees almost gave out then did an alternate form. She claims there's no shortcuts or low-impact alteration to the jumping jacks but ignore her. The alternative I did was a half jack on each side. (side toe touch with one arm above your head than alternate)
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones is 45 minutes of only resistance training. No jumping. Pendelum lunges can be rough on the knees but you can always modify it. I like this workout a lot.