Significant Others

Options
How do your significant others feel about how you look?

My motivation to improve myself depends a lot on how I am seen by my beau, but not in the way you might think. A prior boyfriend made it a point to mention weight gain and my poor eating habits which only made me more upset -and eat more and gain more.

I just celebrated 2 years with my current boyfriend and he couldn't be happier with how I look and supports me no matter what. This makes me want to be even healthier, and look even better.

Are you motivated the same way?

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. When you have a good relationship, and care for each other for the right reasons, each of you always wants to be the best you can be for the other person. In all ways, not just how you look. I want to look my best and be healthy for several reasons, and one of those reasons is for him. And, like you, I've never once felt that he was unhappy with something about me. People say this isn't healthy, that you should want to be your best for YOU and no one else, but in a great relationship of course you want these things for them too. :)
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband supports me all the way. If I say I don't see a difference he will point something out and say how much he like it. He even likes watching me workout cuz he says it's sexy or that I movitate him to workout harder. When I go on a diet he supports me and even goes on it with me but cheats a lot of the time. I love how supported he is and I know he will do anything I make me happy! It's awesome on how he can say something that makes me Proud of what I have achieved so far
  • ckerce
    ckerce Posts: 25
    Options
    Well that is a great topic......He is proud of what I am doing and I have heard from others what he says about me or i overhear him saying something about it to someone, but he rarely says anything encouraging to me. I know he is supoortive but it would be nice to hear that I look like i am doing good. My brother in law hadnt seen me in a while and asked my how much weight i had lost. i said 20 lbs and my husband acutally looked shocked. He then said I know U had lost but didnt realize it was that much....wasnt really sure how to take that so I just looked at it as being positive and lost another 13 pounds! Everyone else tells me how great i look and asks "whats my secret" so that makes me feel good!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that my boyfriend is annoyed by my fitness and health stuff. He hasn't came out and said it but I think he liked me better at my bigger look. He thinks I am too thin now I think....
  • BreezyLuv
    Options
    I tell my boyfriend
    *I'm fat ---> Nooo, you're beautiful
    *I want to lose weight ---> We'll lose weight together
    *I look pregnant ---> One day when we're ready, you will be.
    *I'm ugly ---> You're amazing
    *I hate the way I look ---> I love you

Yes yes yes... He is the best boyfriend in the world. He's a keeper. Honestly and truthfully tells me these things. =)