How long do you keep hard-boiled eggs?

Options
JanieJack
JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
Just curious... thinking about making a batch on the weekend to eat all week long. This way, I have no excuse when I need a quick protein and nothing defrosted. What do you think?

Replies

• Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    Unpeeled hard boiled eggs will last all week just fine. Probably even a bit longer than that though I've never had any go uneaten that long. Once you peel them you probably should eat them in a day or two.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love to pickle mine. After I finish eating all the pickles out of a pickle jar, I save the juice, and put peeled hard boiled eggs in it for at least a day. Gives the egg a lot more flavor and helps keep the egg from going bad.

Am I the only person that does this? It's seriously so good!
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love to pickle mine. After I finish eating all the pickles out of a pickle jar, I save the juice, and put peeled hard boiled eggs in it for at least a day. Gives the egg a lot more flavor and helps keep the egg from going bad.

Pickled eggs are gorgeous! Mmm!
  • airraidsiren
    Options
    I recommend you only hard boil enough for about 2 days. It's really easy to do 2 or 3 times in a week. The reason is they taste MUCH better during the first 2 days and, yes, they degrade after that. ;)
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options

My husband makes them with pickled beet juice. My girls love them because they are pink/purple.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I also make mine with pickled beet juice! :happy:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

I love pickles too! Gotta try this!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    While I was waiting in the doctor's office the other day, the medical TV thing they had playing said to eat eggs one week within hardboiling them. What surprised me was they said that boiling them removes a protective coating on the shell, so raw eggs last longer than boiled. I thought cooking protected them, so boiled were good longer.

And I too love pickled eggs!
  • Jasonhannen
    Options
    Good post, I was thinking about this question the other day
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    Options

This sounds amazing! I seriously love pickles, and eat hard-boiled eggs daily. I almost want to eat the entirety of my new jar of pickles asap just to try this right now.

Also, I typically boil about 5-6 eggs at a time and eat one/day. I haven't had any issues with them going bad or anything.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I boil 12 eggs on Sunday and they last me & my daughter the whole work/school week. I bring 2 to work x 4 days, she brings 1 to schools 4 days and a treat instead on Fridays. Hubby& son don't like boiled eggs.
  • pwillini84
    Options
    Being in the food industry, I'll tell you the National Food Code, which is the basis of all state health codes, says anything potentially hazardous should only be kept for 7 days.

It is a fact that raw eggs will last longer than boiled eggs.
  • shaedreams
    shaedreams Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    While I was waiting in the doctor's office the other day, the medical TV thing they had playing said to eat eggs one week within hardboiling them. What surprised me was they said that boiling them removes a protective coating on the shell, so raw eggs last longer than boiled. I thought cooking protected them, so boiled were good longer.

And I too love pickled eggs!

Thank you for this info!!!!!
  • shaedreams
    shaedreams Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Thank you for this link, very helpful information!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    You can store them?......
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    One week