Nervous about increasing to maintenance calories ??

Options
Hi, I have reached my goal and instead of going straight to maintenance recommended calorie intake I increased a little over the last two weeks. However I have continued losing, which i don't want to do. So today I have went with MFP's recommendation, but it seems a big jump, and I am a bit scared of putting on weight. I know this sounds daft, because I expect there will be some fluctuation until it finally settles. I was just wondering if anyone else has these feelings. I would also love to hear of other people's experience when going on to maintenance. Thanks.

Replies

• Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a bit late now but when you were getting close to your goal I would have slowly increased to maintenance so it didn't seem like a big jump. You can still do that now, just don't hop on the scale for about a month and see where you're at :)

-Oh and congrats on reaching your goal!
  • snoopybing
    snoopybing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi MOS3,

Don't worry, I felt exactly the same. However, I've been eating my maintenance calories for around 2 months now and I haven't gained any weight. What I can say, I guess you've just got to place your faith in MFP!

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight! x
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I am going to trust MFP and go on the maintenance cals and see how I go. :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Well, it's a bit late now but when you were getting close to your goal I would have slowly increased to maintenance so it didn't seem like a big jump. You can still do that now, just don't hop on the scale for about a month and see where you're at :)

I agree with this!!! When I reach my goal, I went straight up to mnt cals...and of course I gained 2lbs the first day alone...LOL!! So I put it back down to where it was, and haven't weighed myself since 2/1!!! I am hoping that those 2lbs plus maybe another 2lbs will be gone on the 29th when I weigh again...so I have a lil "play" room, and be able to start slowly upping my cals until I reach the suggested cal goal!!

GOOD LUCK to us both!!