Pancakes

Options
Does anyone have any low cal recipes for pancakes? Its pancake day tomorrow and I dont want to deprive myself, but dont want to go crazy either. Any ideas? Thanks. Kelly

Replies

• ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I learned last week that it (pancake day/Tuesday) is called Shroves Tuesday, I use protein pancake mix that I use and that tastes quite yummy, has about 200 cal for 2 pancakes and 30 g of protein. As I live in New Zealand it prob isn't available where you are, but in case you live here it is made by red8.
  • chellelewarne
    chellelewarne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here!
    Here's the recipe I'll be using:

4oz/112g Plain Flour
    2 Med Eggs
    7fl oz/210 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
    3fl oz/90 ml Water
    20 sprays low cal Olive Oil Spray for frying (2 per pancake)
    Makes 10 pancakes

I've added the nutritional value already onto the database under Chelle Lewarne, 66 cals per pancake :) Enjoy!
  • rsidebo
    Options
    I use the Krusteez pancake mix. I add protein powder (Ray Robb Whey Vanilla Protein). It makes my pancake have lots of protein and it sticks with me for a long time. I put it in oatmeal, too. Enjoy your pancakes.
  • pauline251
    pauline251 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mmmm pancakes, yummy!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i want to make american style pancakes as we have them for our evening meal on pancake day!

im going to thumb through some cook books later and will report back x
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I will post this separately on the recipe blog as well for those not following this thread.

Made these 3 weeks ago and they are excellent.

Low Calorie Pancakes Recipe

Makes 17 servings low calorie pancakes: 26 calories per serving. With the calorie content so low you can add blueberries for a sweet treat, cheese and chives and salmon for a savoury treat or just have plain alongside whatever else you are having. I really like it with a shake of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of low cal fig and ginger jam. Enjoy!

Ingredients
    3/4 c. cake flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. skim milk (I actually use 2% milk so each pancake is more like 30 calories each. :bigsmile: )
    2 egg whites
    Directions
    1. Sprinkle dash of salt on egg whites and beat until stiff, but not dry.
    2. Add milk to flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
    3. Add baking powder and beat a few seconds more
    4. Fold in beaten egg whites.
    5. Pour into the pan and turn once. Should be golden brown.

Nutrition facts:
    Calories: 26
    Fat: 0.0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 149mg
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fibre: 0.1g
    Protein: 1.3g
  • Supajoi
    Options
    bump... need to try these recipes :)
  • kellyh2
    Options
    thanks for your great recipes :-) looking forward to pancake day now without feeling too guilty :-) thanks so much
  • 2Phat1
    2Phat1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanks for your great recipes :-) looking forward to pancake day now without feeling too guilty :-) thanks so much

82 calorie individual pavlova recipe will be posted this weekend after I have tried them. :bigsmile:
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    So I'm making me and my dad (who doesn't watch his intake) pancakes for breakfast tomorrow and was just wondering if there are any big differences in taste or texture between "normal" pancakes and egg white only ones? Don't want to disappoint him with completely different pancakes haha.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I use the Krusteez pancake mix. I add protein powder (Ray Robb Whey Vanilla Protein). It makes my pancake have lots of protein and it sticks with me for a long time. I put it in oatmeal, too. Enjoy your pancakes.

Do you add Quick Oats or Steel or ??
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    http://www.biggest-loser-recipes.com/better-blueberry-pancakes.html

I eat the whole recipe and do 1/4 cup pancakes for 4 nice sized pancakes and 1/4 cup sugar free syrup for a total of 300 calories! use fresh fruit! i used strawberry too but not as flavorful as blueberry.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ^^^yummy :love:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    What is this pancake day?! I must look into it....thank goodness for google :)
  • bradzahringer
    Options
    oops posted under fiances account, will repost under my own!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I know, I was wondering what to do for Pancake Tuesday, too! UNTIL I tried this recipe for Protein pancakes yesterday and they were delish. I used the recipe here: http://www.pbfingers.com/2010/05/30/sunday-morning-greek-yogurt-pancakes/

I tweaked it a little bit - added baking powder instead of soda (to lower the sodium content), used one egg and one egg white, and i used all plain greek yogurt - 2%.

i think next time i might try to thin it out a touch because the batter was very thick - but they were light and fluffy!! my recipe made 6 4" pancakes and the stats were this -

Per Serving:

93 calories

2 fat

0 fibre (I might use whole wheat flour next time)

3 sugar

98 sodium

7 protein

Willbe making these again tomorrow for dinner - but I am going to try vanilla greek yogurt this time. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Poor mans pancakes....

1 1/2 cup Bisquick mix (get the heart healthy one to save some calories)
    1 egg (you can actually skip the egg, and they still turn out)
    water - just add water until its a good pancake mix consistency

Use non stick spray to lightly coat the pan, instead of butter/oil.

add some berries if you want to spruce it up a bit.

Without berries, it "should" make 12 servings of 4" pancakes at 65 calories each.

I say should, because its hard to make consistent 4" pancakes, my mom bought me some shapes you can put on the frying pan, and that's helped me because I have something to say "stop pouring" :laugh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFKY-Q3oU6dEZCDQ2Z7TwXW7Wt-_vZt7e9oRASONmp350IQ67uMQ
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Add some extract in any one of those recipes for some added flavor......I love to use almond:bigsmile: