double wammy

Options
last weekend was my 60th birthday ,this weekend my grandsons 13th ,and although i did try to stay good
i blew it and had trifle ,choc cake ,not had any thing like this for so long ,and i feel i have let my self down
after being so good for a long time ,do i weigh on wednesday or not or face up .:mad:

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Letting yourself down is normal once in a while. Just make sure you lift yourself up, dust off, and get back at it! Stay on your plan. Weigh as per your normal schedule. It will motivate you!
  • traceyjolli
    Options
    Weigh in as normal, you may well be surprised!!

I weighed in as normal today, after a week of being good and lots of exercise and lost absolutley NOTHING!!!!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Do both weigh on wednesday and face up!

So you over eat it happens to us all sometimes, spending time with friends and family is very important i hope you enjoyed it , but its done get back on track and move on , you can do this :flowerforyou:
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Try not to feel let down when you have a treat once in a while. It will not hurt you unless you're eating cake every day! Unless those two pieces of cake added up to 3500 calories, they should not have affected your weight. I'm assuming your family does not have birthday parties every week, so when they do, enjoy in moderation!
  • nigel217
    nigel217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone is going to have a bad day at some point. Remember though it is only a single day out of a week, a month a year and a lifetime of a healthier and more positive lifestyle, Instead of focussing on the single bad day take a weekly view. Doing slightly more exercise and cutting down ever so slightly on your food for the remainder of the week will soon wipe out the extra calories from your bad day.

Keep the faith and NEVER give up!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    you've got 3 days! eat under the next three days and up the exercise, then way yourself at the end of Wednesday!
  • kaz60
    kaz60 Posts: 9
    Options
    thank you for your support i think i am being hard on my self but i was afraid of getting back into
    bad eating habit the good side is i loved it , and there is nothing naughty left in the house :frown:
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey, this is real life! You are doing brilliantly 99.9% of the time. Weigh in as normal and carry on
    You have changed your lifestyle from eating 'badly' most of the time to eating 'well' most of the time - keep going and well done
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    I was angelic all week, worked out and didn't lose anything, happened for 2 weeks now! So go with the treat, you've not let yourself down but enjoyed a treat with your family! Keep going :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you dont treat yourself every once in a while you end up binging worse. all my bodybuilder pals are in concurrence with this as I have asked them since I feel like I cheated also. they say that if you dont let yourself have a treat once in a while, it will end up eventually possibly leading to a worse binge. so now I dont call it cheating but I call it a treat. I work really hard daily to exercise and usually burn around 800 a day. i keep eating good foods mostly unprocessed. I dont do it every day, maybe once a week or twice. but today they are having all day skating at the roller rink and i am doing like six hrs of skating. so snickers, and cheesy bread are in my future! as long as I dont go so overboard to make myself sick i am fine. if you havent gone over your daily allotment more than once a wk you are gonna be fine. dont stress over it and it enjoy it once in a while!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I was angelic all week, worked out and didn't lose anything, happened for 2 weeks now! So go with the treat, you've not let yourself down but enjoyed a treat with your family! Keep going :)
    and your body doesnt always lose weekly. i can go two months and only lose two lbs and then my body will say hey so this is what we are doing and then i lose like three or four in one wk. just make sure to measure also. and take pics. pics work wonders
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Great advice in this thread. The only thing I would add is whether you are 'good' or 'bad' with you eating plan does NOT mean you are a good or bad person. They are two separate things. :)
  • srhug
    srhug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The important thing here is: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sixty is something to celebrate. One day of indulgent eating is not going to ruin you, I promise. Weigh in anyway--there is no point in hiding from it--but don't take the number to heart. You don't need to apologize for enjoying yourself on your birthday.