I binged, HELP!?

Options
My daily total is 2292, my net is 1937

How do I cleanse this effectively? What exercises should I do in the morning to kickstart things and to prevent it all from turning into fat.

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. Do not overcompensate by undereating or exercising excessively. Proceed as normal. It looks like you just around maintenance anyway.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    No punishment, no undoing the deed, just move on and eat properly within your goals today and do your regular exercise, otherwise you'll get hungry and start the binge cycle again :flowerforyou:

Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    DOesnt sOund like a binge at all. Do nothing out of the ordinary. So you might have overeaten by a couple hundred calories--no big deal. Extreme compensatory behaviors will set you up to binge again so just put it behind you and make today a regular day.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. So long as you get back on track you've got nothing to worry about.
    A few hundred cals isn't instantly going to turn into fat!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    You don't...you just get back on track. One day is not going to kill you in this journey. Just have a little lighter day today calorie wise and do your workout. You body doesn't track calories on a daily basis like your brain does, so at the end of the week, with a couple of slightly lighter days in there and keeping up on your exercise, it will all average out and you'll be fine. Your body can't turn one day's worth of food into fat overnight.

No need to panic, just go on about your normal routine. That's part of this journey, you're going to have cheat days.....just even it out throughout the week and you'll be good. If you cut back on carbs for a couple days, you may even find you have a bigger loss this week.
  • becca1968
    Options
    We've all been there and done that....don't look back, just move forward and make today a better day. This process is not a destination so much as it is a journey of life-long healthy living.

:smile:
  • imdisciplined
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am trying to not panic about it all but I do have an ED which makes it verrrrry hard to deal with even a single calorie over my goals! I think I'm going to go have a nice shower, moisturise and get ready for bed as usual and in the morning I'll drink some green tea and go for a nice walk :)
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt even class that as a binge, dont worry at all, thats like just eating 2 extra bananas in the day.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    My daily total is 2292, my net is 1937

How do I cleanse this effectively? What exercises should I do in the morning to kickstart things and to prevent it all from turning into fat.

2292? That's about half of one of my weekly cheat days, ahaha. You'll be just fine. Stick to your goals this week, don't let this throw you off, and I wouldn't be surprised if you lose more this week than in previous weeks.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just forget and move on like it didn't happen. We all have those days, it's normal.:flowerforyou:
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh no no no honey. Binging on cleansing is just as bad as binging on anything else. Do not flog yourself over it. This is a LIFESTYLE change. It is very hard to do, make no mistake of that.

To help yourself get back in the swing, do the following:

1. Look in the mirror and realize that one day did not make you suddenly balloon up to double your weight. Give yourself permission to say, "I made a mistake. Now I know better." The most important thing is to keep the self talk positive. Talk to yourself about what you like about the changes you made in your life. For example : " I like that I am learning to help myself get happy." And do remember, you are LEARNING. Learning takes time.

2. If you want to, do a little extra exercise. After lunch or dinner tonight, go on a walk. Play with your pets some more (if you have any). Jog in place for a few min while watching and exercise video. DO NOT GO OVERBOARD. We're only trying to get you back into the swing. If you overexercise, you won't be able to exercise tomorrow.

3. To help with binging, set aside a few days 3-5 throughout the year (and write them down) for a good old celebration. Your birthday for one so you can have cake. Whenever you feel tempted, you can say "nope, I'm saving this for birthday cake. Noting now is as good as birthday cake".

4. Have some tea and relax. You're doing just fine.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What is done is done, sad to say! While you were sleeping, your body processed it all- nothing left to do with it! With that said, it is OK! I have a 'cheat' day or two every week where I go over my calorie goals (My highest was 2562 Food, 2263 Net!). The best thing to do is to press the reset button, continue to exercise and strive to eat within your goals the rest of the week.

You cannot burn fat by exercise alone. I am a beginning runner and have ran 150 miles since November, but that is only 25,000 calories burned, or 7lbs of fat (25k/3500) that running has helped me lose- the rest is diet. If your plan is to reduce your weight by calorie deficit (eating less than you use), keep doing that and limit your 'cheat' days. If you fall off the wagon for a day, it just slows down your momentum, it doesn't set you back to where you started.

Bottom line, there is no magic exercise or pill to take, just keep eating healthy, low calorie foods in good proportions, exercise, a little time and you will be where your want! Good luck!!
  • aprilcurrier
    Options
    I did the same thing this weekend and I was wondering the same thing but reading this post helps me too. I know to just chill out and start again today. I've lost 120 on my own, one bad weekend isn't going to throw a wrench in anything. Good luck and we're all here with you doing the same things you're doing! Awesome post and awesome responses!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am trying to not panic about it all but I do have an ED which makes it verrrrry hard to deal with even a single calorie over my goals! I think I'm going to go have a nice shower, moisturise and get ready for bed as usual and in the morning I'll drink some green tea and go for a nice walk :)

That's your real problem hun. You have an eating disorder that being said, 2500+ is standard to recover abd repair your body. Are you seeking help for this? Please speak to someone about or problem/worries. You deserve to be healthy.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    The more you see that as a binge, and the further that will lead you. It 's no biggie at all, since NOTHING happened :D Don't worry; be back on track - Rome wasn't built in a day
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That's like 300 calories. That is NOT a binge, trust me. I struggle w/ binge eating disorder from time to time, and you gotta believe me, 300 calories is not enough to fret about. And if you are, it makes me worry that you are headed down a dark path. Be careful w/ all-or-nothing, or "I must be perfect, down to the calorie" thinking.

I'm not sure what your rate of weight loss is set to, but girl, I'd wager 300 calories over wouldn't even get you over your BMR, which means it is seriously not going to impede your weight loss.

Take care of yourself. Food is not the enemy.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    My friend here is right. Food is good - eat it :drinker:
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Just saw this. I agree w/ the other posters that said you need to try to find yourself some help, if you don't already have a therapist. This is a painfully difficult struggle and those of us dealing w/ ED need all the help we can get. I'm in the process of finding my own therapist, in fact. I don't mean to sound preachy, but even your screenname speaks to a deeper issue... Discipline is great, to a point. Maybe try being disciplined in taking care of yourself and working towards reframing your approach towards eating and exercise.
  • crysmcd1
    Options
    on and upward, dont look back. you have to let it go and go forward with knowledge of what you did, but focus on the future!
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The other thing to remember is that you have a built in calorie deficit in your goals. If you went over by only 300 kcal or so, you are still probably under your daily burn. Don't sweat it and move on to today; live in the present.

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!