Starting over!

Options
Okay - I've been on this site before... recently.
But I'm starting fresh. I created a new page & updated all my information.

A little bit about my struggle with my weight... I've always been the cute, chubby girl. But now it's time for me to become the hot girl - LoL. My job doesn't give me a lot of opportunity to move around throughout the day and when I'm heading home, I'm usually too mentally drained to make myself go to the gym or eat something healthy.

I was able to lose 40 pounds last year, on my own - but then I gained 10 pounds back and have been pretty much at the same weight since November/December. I was actively going to the gym about 2-3 times/week... and now I'm wasting the monthly fee because I barely ever go anymore.

I'd love some support - to whip my butt into gear if I slack off! I'm 25 years old, from the midwest. I like to do all the normal things - shopping, bowling, movies, concerts. I work in insurance, so I'm your go-to-girl for any questions or quotes! LoL.

Feel free to add me if you'd like to help with my journey and also would like some support on your own! Thanks!

Replies

• tangerine81
    Options
    yep im always starting over again too. Have lost and then re-gained 2 st over the last 2 years and im really struggling to shift it. Ive tried Weightwatchers (which was how i lost most of my weight until they changed the plan and i hated it) Slimming World which i liked, the groups were was fun but the progress was slow and it didnt teach me a thing about portion control - eat as much as you like of potatoes, really? so now trying to do this 'alone', conquer my demons and emotional/boredom eating and stop the yo-yo-ing!

good luck to you!
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You got this! Just remember, the man goes where the mind is! Think positive and always keep trying. God's Blessings. Trasista4
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too am re-committing today. I've been trying to lose the remaining weight from my last baby. I seem to do well during the week and then struggle or fall off the wagon on the weekend . I too could use support.

I'm 32 with 2 small children, 2 1/2, and 1 (in march). My workout time is mostly limited to my lunch hour.

Anyway, it's time to get back in gear. We CAN do this!
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good work on not giving up and getting back to what will work for you and getting you back to losing weight again. Keep working at it and you will make progress again and again.
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi - I just joined today after reading about it on netmums. Im 37 and have 2 kids. I left my husband over a year ago as we were all unhappy, and consequently lost a load of weight. I am now seeing someone new, and so happy (take aways, wine etc etc) the weight has crept back on. Trousers are way too tight, and some I cant even put on!. I work in an office all day, but do get to a zumba class once a week which is great. I think about a stone and I should be fine, Its good to have the support without having to go to a class. Emma:smile:
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It is hard to fit in a workout during the day when you work all day and are tired and drained afterwards, not to mention hungry for dinner! I have committed to getting up earlier and working out for 30-45 minutes before work. I feel really good all day when I start the day with a workout and am less likely to be tempted by bad for me foods. I am really enjoying Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio DVD. I try to go to the gym on the weekends.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Don't look at it as starting over ... instead think of it as writing a new chapter. What you have done up until this day has made you the person you are at this very moment. The changes you make will be what defines you in the end. When we build our character ... we should take small steps and use trial and error to guide us. A masterpiece isn't necessarily perfect from day one ... it takes a lot of strength and determination to build a strong foundation.

The phases you went through just led you to this one ... now it's time to begin the transformation. Take your knowledge of what went wrong and how this time can be different. Everything you need is at your fingertips and the support of this community is a GREAT tool to keep you inspired !

I wish you all the success the world has to offer ... and I believe you can do it this time ! Now is your time to shine ! :smile:
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the challenge to live healthy when our jobs and other environments are so sedentary. The drain on the brain after a day at the office is a real challenge to overcome. Miriam Nelson, PHD, has a wonderful book to help with enviornmental impediments to weight loss and keeping it off. See the link below. It's called The Social Network Diet. Highly recomment it.

http://premiere.fastpencil.com/social-network-diet
  • Yacki
    Yacki Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are not alone - I am with you. I lost 35lbs last year and with stress this year have gained 21 of it back. I hate that I keep yoyoing. So I am at it again trying to get it off and get healthy. My mother is a type 2 diabetic and I do not want to go through what she is going through. Operagirl13 - I have found getting up in the morning and doing a workout video in the morning gets me jumpstarted for the day. I have more energy and really feel like I have started my day off in a weightloss way. It also makes me really think about what I am eating - do I want to waste my workout on eating something unhealthy. Tangerine81- I to am starting weight watchers- however my frined and I are doing the old system - she said she lost more weight on it. We meet once a week and help each other - without going to the local meeting and getting confused by all the new points and rules. If the old system worked for you - pull your old stuff out and get back to it.
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Im crystal Im with u! and tired of starting over. Im ready! good luck
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Lost a good amount over the past several years (100 lb) then put 10 lb back on. Trying to lose the last 20-30 lb and be done! Kind of fell off the wagon the last week and a half. Was progressing nicely with 1 - 1.5 hours of exercise a day then just decided sleeping in felt better. Struggled but made myself get up and workout this morning and get back to drinking my protein shake for breakfast. Good luck, hopefully we can help each other stick with it.

And I like whoever said think of it as a new chapter.... that is great! I am not "starting over" because in the beginning I was 255lb and I am no where near that now. Thinking of it as a new chapter helps me keep that in perspective and not let the bumps in the road throw me off track. Thank you!
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "I work in insurance, so I'm your go-to-girl for any questions or quotes! LoL."

Whoo hoo! A fellow blood-sucking insurance adjuster perhaps? I know exactly what you mean about being drained at the end of the day. What I did was sign up for a 5K then the fear of not being able to do it got my butt out on the road after work everyday. I did great in the race and now I just love my run after work. Just make yourself get started on going to gym after work and commit to it for a week, just a week, and I promise you will want to commit to just one more... then just one more.

I will definitely send you a friend request, us insurance peeps gotta stick together.
  • cbcw1964
    Options
    I am new here...I am a stay at home mother of two...my oldest daughter has Autism so it is almost impossible for me to work outside of the home. I have since carried an extra 40lbs since my second daughter , five years ago. I also was diagnosed with Hypothyroid which does not help. I am hoping by exercising regularly and recording everything i eat n drink i can stay on track and lose this weight. I look forward to meeting new friends too! I help contribute to our household with a shop on Etsy where you can find my artworks. Good luck!
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on committing to lose weight! It's great when you decide to make a positive change for yourself.

Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm sure we can all use the support!
  • ShannonGilchrist
    Options
    When I read your post I thought I was reading about myself! I am 33 and have two small children...15 months and 3 in May...and I am trying to lose the baby weight. It is soooo hard. Good luck to yourself
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    feel free to add i could use the support as well as you !
  • kymzwick
    Options
    In 2005 I was very overweight. I made the commitment to eat right and work out regularly... I worked out for hours a day, and judged myself for every calorie I put in my mouth.... I started running 5 and 10k's.... and in about 6 months I lost almost 100lbs. Friends and family started getting worried saying I was getting too thin and were getting scared for my health... So, I allowed myself to back off (15lbs from my goal)
    I cut my time at the gym a bit, and decided I was fine where I was, as if I did lose anymore, I'd look old and unhealthy.... I maintained that weight for over 5 years!!!
    In Nov. of 2010 I was in a horrible car accident which left me with two separated shoulders, broken ankle, horribly bruised hips, and gashes all over my body.... My doctor told me, I had to take some time off from my work outs and I took about 3 months off.... In that time, I gained maybe 10lbs back... Once I started working out again, I could not get my body to speed up the way I wanted it to.... Everything hurt as a result of my accident, and I just could not get back into it... Since then, I've gained 40lbs. back, and I feel as though I can't even maintain the weightloss I achieved as hard as I try.... It drives me crazy that I have such a hard time running just a couple of miles, when I used to run 5 miles in 45minutes as a warmup!!!! I still force myself to run about 3 times a week, but I'm slower, I don't enjoy it like I used to... I used to feel so light and free, now I just feel uncomfortable...
    Am I just making excuses and being lazy, or is this something anyone else has gone through??.... Oh, btw... To attempt in getting myself back in to my running routine, I committed myself to 4 pretty big races this year in hopes it will encourage me to train... But it still isn't...
  • garbudebb
    Options
    Hello,

This is the 2nd time using this app but this time with more success than the last, mainly because they are a few of us at work doing it. So far i have lost 7lb in 2 weeks, I still have a long way to go but I am getting there slowly.

Please add me as a friend so we can encourage each other. My user name is garbudebb.

Good luck everyone.

3228837.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter