Weekdays v Weekends

Options
Just looking some advice. During the week i tend to have a minus balance of approx 300-500 calories per day Monday-Thursday. Then Friday-Sunday i go over my calories by 100-300 calories. Would this all weigh itself out so that i still will loose weight or is this pointless and i need to start controlling my food at the weekends! I have super super strict weeks and very bad weekends!!! I make sure that i work out 6 days per week, however i feel that i'm eating so much rubbish at the weekends that it might be undoing all my good work? Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt stress as long as you dont toss alcohol in the mix on the weekends.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    So long as you stay under on average over the week you'll be fine :smile:
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was like this for a decade or more and it's a big reason why I never really got anywhere. Lost weight during the week put it back on in the weekend.
    I disagree with the others. You need to realise that 2 days out of every 7 is 2/7 = 28% . So 28% of the time you are eating over. Its really almost a third of the week.
    You need to be commited. That means managing your diet 100% of the time (with the odd treat/cheat meal thrown in like once a month if you need it) . Not only 70% committed.

Otherwise you just won't get the results you want.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't log on Sundays. I still make healthy choices and keep up my weekly routine but I allow myself a small piece of cake and I enjoy a healthy breakfast with my family. I don't log because if I go over I freak out. Sundays are family days and if family day is ice cream in the park I choose a lemon sorbet and enjoy it without worrying about what my nutrition diary will say. I hate the little red numbers at the bottom. It's like being yelled at as a child. "If you just had a little foresight you wouldn't have made this mess!" I feel like a failure when I see them. It is so discouraging to me and then I get to bed and can't sleep until I get up and do 15 minutes of wii jogging or something to even it out then I have the green numbers and I'm okay again.

POINT -> I cheat and don't log on Sundays and I am pretty sure I am around 1000 calories over, I'm currently losing. But that is my experience. After a few weeks see if you have lost about what your target weekly weight loss is; if so fantastic! Keep up the good work. If not, pay more attention to logging and making healthy choices on the weekend.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    100 to 300 calories is not all that bad. i also consider the average for the last several days, which is why I try to stay under a couple of hundred calories for most days. Keep a good buffer during the week, and then your weekends shouldn't be an issue.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just looking some advice. During the week i tend to have a minus balance of approx 300-500 calories per day Monday-Thursday. Then Friday-Sunday i go over my calories by 100-300 calories. Would this all weigh itself out so that i still will loose weight or is this pointless and i need to start controlling my food at the weekends! I have super super strict weeks and very bad weekends!!! I make sure that i work out 6 days per week, however i feel that i'm eating so much rubbish at the weekends that it might be undoing all my good work? Appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Dont overeat on weekends.
  • Lisa2374
    Lisa2374 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Appreciate all the replies. I guess the reason i have treats, such as a chinese/out for a meal as it's because i see that day or two as my treat day as i've eat so healithy all week. I should mention that i used to drink alcohol a few nights a week, now i have only had 1 glass of wine in a month!!! Going swimming after work and will get weighed at the gym. Thanks again :)
    Liking the sound of the cheat day where you don't log anything, however, i think i may well WAY overboard with that! lol..
  • SweetMommaof21981
    Options
    @Lisa2374, thank you for posting this question . I have the exact same issue you have. But I log EVERYTHING EVERY DAY! Because I need to be aware of what I am doing.
    Great Advice from everyone!