Ladies........high heels

Options

Replies

• madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

Louboutins KILL! They pretty much bent my feet backwards when I tried on a friend's pair for kicks (no way could I afford my own) and I don't normally have a problem with heels.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    It depends where they hurt and how... I still get blisters with new heels and I still get pain in the balls of my feet. Especially the higher the heel. You're still putting through a good ratio of your body weight through a very small contact area (ball of foot) so pressure there is immense.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    No, at my heaviest and my lightest they've always hurt. I love how they look, but they're so uncomfortable.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol
    oh thank you, you just helped me to decide what my reward will be also!
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I never used to be able to wear heels when i was bigger! now that i am at goal (and beyond) i am always out in heels. :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Louboutins KILL! They pretty much bent my feet backwards when I tried on a friend's pair for kicks (no way could I afford my own) and I don't normally have a problem with heels.
    anyone else have this issue? I wear heels all the time and I have no problem with them hurting my feet. My shoes usually cost a lot but not as much as Louboutins.
  • alharbour
    alharbour Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a 3 1/2 inch heel a couple times a week and do alot of walking in them and standing. Go to zappos.com and search for Sofft brand shoes...they are the BEST for comfort and also very stylish. I can't wear cheap heels, not even for a few minutes. If you spend a little more and get good shoes, you will be comfy and sexxy at the same time.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do think they have gotten more comfortable now that I am losing, although they are still a painful ***** to break in
  • angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im a big lover of shoes, but when im bigger, i feel really self conscious in them, i feel like a giant (im 5ft7 normally so not overly tall), but when im smaller, i just feel like a i look good! Dont know if that makes any sense! x
  • tangerine81
    Options
    i have some heels that i cant physically fit into now because im a bit heavier so looking forward to wearing them again one day! but i dont think weight losses make walking in heels any easier

Generally speaking wedges chunkier heeled shoes and boots provide better all round support.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes, when you lose a bit more weight there will be less pressure on your feet. That being said you will not be pain free.

Just like with running shoes you sometimes have to invest a little more in a high quality high heel shoe if you want something that will be more comfortable. Jessica Simpson has some really good shoes that are sexy and have high heels but also have extra padding in the front of the toe and arch... Higher quality brands will also have more support (usually)... If not, you can always get some orthopedic inserts for your sexy heels...that might help. :)
  • Embell0830
    Options
    If you're going to do platform heels, make sure the platform is cork based. Much more comfortable and the cork absorbs the shock of each step.
  • tangerine81
    Options

anyone else have this issue? I wear heels all the time and I have no problem with them hurting my feet. My shoes usually cost a lot but not as much as Louboutins.

do you have small feet? i'm a UK size 4 and super high heels kill me more than longer footed people. Its because the heel height is the same no matter what your shoe size so people with smaller feet have to strain and arch more.
  • tangerine81
    Options
    heels always hurt a little, but at the risk of offending every feminist bone in my body, they're hot and they're worth it.
    Exactly :)

agreed! heels make me feel so much slimmer and more confident than flats
  • NellaSweet
    Options
    heels always hurt a little, but at the risk of offending every feminist bone in my body, they're hot and they're worth it.

And that is the truth :wink:
  • halyjayde
    Options
    I wear heels everyday, but I had to work my way up to that. Before I built up some stamina my feet would ache for hours! Go for wedges and shorter heels before going all out on a delicious pair of stilettos.

That piece of advice pretty much saved me!
  • xo_morgan
    Options
    I wear heels everyday, but I had to work my way up to that. Before I built up some stamina my feet would ache for hours! Go for wedges and shorter heels before going all out on a delicious pair of stilettos.

That piece of advice pretty much saved me!

^^this definitely. I have to wear heels everyday also, & at first...even when i was 135lbs they killed my feet!!:cry: its all about breaking them in.:wink:
  • star87cc
    Options
    I've thrown a load out but now only have around 50 pairs of shoes ranging in all sorts of styles, for my bodyshape and height platform peep toes are most flattering so I have a good few pairs of these, I've bought from many different shops/outlets and quality has made a difference.

I have bought very cheap to average priced shoes and at the end of a night i've been wanting to chew my own ankle off to save the pain. But i found spending a little bit more makes all the difference, My Carvela's are soo comfy in comparison and even a pair of TopShop shoes are very comfy... I am still a bargain hunter and get most of my Carvela's or dearer brands from TKMaxx! They cost the same as general retails stores but you get a better quality :)

That being said I cannot wear pointy shoes as my toes die in them so I'm sure any brand in that style would kill my feet whether they were Primark or Jimmy Choo.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Random question, but ladies at goal weight. Are heels more comfortable now that you have lost your weight? I love my heels but god they hurt......should i be looking forward to pain free feet when i hit my gaol?

I found heels were a lot easier to wear when I weighed less!
  • ashncox55
    ashncox55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for the day I can wear a pair of heels and it feels good!! Or at least a little easier on the ankle once I lose this weight :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!