Fat & Sugar

Options
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone ever go over their fat and sugar everyday? Even though I'm eating healthy I always seem to go over... However, when I add my exercise for the day the number come back down to green (yayyy). I do not eat my exercise calories though but I'm glad MFP adjusts the fat and sugar accordingly. Is it ok to carry on like this? Or should I really stop eating chicken thighs, avocados and peanut butter?
Thanks for your input everyone.... :smile:

Replies

• sammanchester
    sammanchester Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Change your settings so you can see saturated fats and cholesterol, they're what you should be most concerned with health wise. Your body needs fats to work properly and eating healthy fats like in avocados (in mod) helps you lose weight. Good luck! :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar at all and I go over my fat intake regularly.

As far as your concerns go, if you do not have diabetes or any other insulin related issues then I wouldn't concern yourself with either metric provided you are remaining in a deficit. It would be in your best interest if your sugar sources came from nutrient dense foods like fruits, but as far as actual weight loss goes it's not going to matter. It matters from a nutrient density standpoint if you're making poor food selection for the majority of your intake.
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Orodee,

No, I try to keep my fat and sugar under the amount. Since I have been tracking fat, carbs, fiber, protein, & sugar...

I go over fat rarely,
    carbs & protein occasionally,
    fiber a lot,
    and sugar very little.

I joined MFP last fall but really became diligent in in tracking calories Feb 2012. It's a journey and experimentation to find out what's right for you. :)
  • zebedee44
    Options
    Pretty much the same here. I'm always over my sugar - not by much but it's still quite depressing when the number goes red!

I got rid of the sugars column from my food tracker! The guideline daily amount for an adult is about 90 so I think the MFP one is really restrictive. As long as you don't blow it, a couple over is not going to hurt too much especially if they're the 'good' ones (fruits etc).

Never have a problem with fats tho.........
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    1) Eat your exercise calories. A well fueled body functions better
    2) Chicken thighs, avocados, and peanut butter are excellent sources of fat - just be reasonable in your portion sizes
    3) If you are getting your sugars from fruits and other natural, nutrient-rich sources, don't freak out about going over on sugar (also, unless you have diabetes, pre-diabetes, or some other health problem, and unless you have an issue with consuming a lot of foods with added sugars, you might just want to take sugar off your diary)
  • orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses everyone. I'll make more of an effort to lower them..if that fails I'll take it off my diary because honestly I always feel really bad when I see those red numbers.
    Thanks again everyone and good luck... :drinker: