Broken Foot

Options
I broke my foot Friday:sad: . I was working out 5 to 6 days a week and finally seeing some results after a very frustrating couple of months.

Any suggestions or motivation would be great. Not being able to walk gets very depressing.

Replies

• MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Seeing as you can't run or do jumping jacks, try doing seated upper cuts, punching motions weight lifting and what-not to get your heart rate up.:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Look up some of those tae bo or kickboxing videos on youtube or exercise tv.com that only have punches and do them while sitting in a chair. You'll be able to strengthen your core and arms while your foot is healing with all the sitting crunches (bouncing in your seat).
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have done light hiking with crutches in a broken foot before. Hopping around a mall can even be a great work out when you are on crutches.

Hope you heal fast.
  • tfreezin
    tfreezin Posts: 5
    Options
    Super frustrating when you were starting to see some progress but the mental game is as important as the physical one so stay focused on how strong you are today and keep telling yourself you are going to take this opportunity to get creative and discover new ways to excercise and stay strong.

Once you are out of your cast I highly recommend deep water running for a no impact high result workout. You won't even feel like you're putting out a lot of effort until you get out of the water after 30 or 40 minutes and realize how exhausted you are. It is a really great cardio work out with added resistance from the water.

Most public pools have a lane dedicated for deep water running unless they are an elite training facility.
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    How about a rowing maching? That will get your heart rate up!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Time to invest in some free weights and get that cast soaked in sweat! :drinker: