PANCAKE DAY (UK) Tuesday 21st Feb - What's your filling?

Options
I like pancakes but I struggle to eat more than one.

I used to love chocolate spread and chopped banana but I don't want that this year.

I would like some nice ideas to make my ONE pancake exciting :)

Or I have 2 with one savoury for dinner and one sweet for pudding.

Oh and calorie specific ideas please :)

Replies

• sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i have lemon juice on mine and 1 tsp sugar just to make it a bit sweeter yummy x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I like cheese and herbs for my savoury course then the traditional lemon juice with crunchy sugar for dessert :smile:
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    strawberries with light whipped cream. yum yums :)
  • Dani_Scott
    Options
    I'm planning on having prawn and corriander with sweet chilli sauce for savoury and fat free yoghurt and berries for sweet, also going to try and get some wholewheat flour to make it a bit healthier and use fry light in the pan not butter... we'll see how long that lasts though as my boyfriend will be having butter, syrup the lot!!!! x
  • lshafik
    Options
    They are much better with fry light I think - you can get the 'taste like butter' frylight too.

They never burn or stick with frylight and easier to flip.

I might do garlic mushrooms for savoury and berries and fat free fromage frais for sweet :) (OR YOGURT ICE CREAM!)
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to love tuna and cheese pancakes but haven't eaten them for years so not sure know.

May have a pudding one with honey though!
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bacon
    sausage
    egg
    black pudding
    mushrooms
    fried bread
    beans
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I shall be having Dutch pancakes with bacon & cheese and served with maple syrup (as I can't get Westerstroop in the UK)

It's a Calorie car crash, but oh so yummie! :tongue:
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    how to make 1 pancake more satisfying.. that is a good idea
    1 whole grain pancake
    heat up some blueberries and strawberries in the microwave until it gets warm and liquid and top it on pancake.
    add little bit of coolwhip
    1 cup of coffee or tea to go with pancake breakfast.

peaches and cool whip sounds good too.

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • jsenecal12
    Options
    You know what I just got for pancakes? They're called batter blasters - they're ready made pancake batters in a can. They're organic and fat free and 1/4 cup of batter (about two pancakes) is only 80 calories. They taste really good too and they cook up quick :). Maybe use those and splurge a bit on your toppings ;D
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A smear of marmite and a handful of spinach leaves.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    do you mean you struggle to eat ONLY one?!!?!? i'm confused!

I probably won't have one. I like them with banana and chocolate spread though! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (four or five lines of mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm