Dunkan Diet

Options
Hi, did anyone try the Dunkan diet ? Did it work for you ? I'm thinking yo give it a try since is just a little bit of 'more organized' way of what I'm anyways eating.
Any advice/suggestion of feedback would be great thanks !

Replies

• Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yup - and it gave me kidney stones. Never had stones and am healthy and the ER doctor said I should stop immediately.

I wouldn't recommend it!
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that ... that's really bad, how long did it take for you to get them ? Did the water ( like 2 l or so per day ) didn't help ?
  • Colfiii
    Options
    none else ? :( ..aaahh... I needed more opinions :(
  • Shelly_here
    Shelly_here Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    do you mean the dukan diet?? e.g. high protein low carb? xx
  • Colfiii
    Options
    yes that one
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bad idea. if you're on this site, follow the recommendations of the site. you will lose weight that way. fad diets can make you sick.
  • Shelly_here
    Shelly_here Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i lost 6 pounds in four days on the dukan diet... then crashed with my cravings and need for carbs!!
    i dont think this is a long term lifestyle change as its not something i can personally stick to. if your on a budget this is quite expensive with all the meat etc.

massive plus apart from the weight loss was the loss of water bloat - you could literally see my cheeks deflate and stomach become flatter!!! xx
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up. Sounds alot like the old Atkins diet. Go right to Phase 3 and eat everything in moderation. I set my macros to 40/35/35 (carbs/fat/protein). Many consider that low carb but I find that I am most comfortable eating that way. I work with 1200 calories a day as I'm trying to lose 15 lbs (I've lost 170 total). I was maintaining for about 6 months before I came back in January to try and get another 15 off. I used the same macros for maintenance.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh, man, I thought this was a Dunkin Donuts Diet...and I was getting really excited!! I thought I might be able to handle that kind of a diet!!! :)
  • bean4max
    Options
    Yep. I tried it.
    It was ok-ish the first week or so.
    But on the 8th day, I got SO sick.
    I was barfing up balls of undigested meat and fish lol.
    I am NOT a good candidate for all the high protein. (no gallbladder,bad liver,weak guts in genera)
    When talking to my cousin who has identical internal stuff was telling me that when he was into body building he had to get the largest amount of his protein in a whey form, and not from solid food because it was MURDER trying to digest it all. Even with all the veggies and yogurt.
    It's a pretty hard to maintain diet. I was SO optimistic, and Dukan was the only "diet" I have ever tried. I read the book, was really EXCITED to go for it.
    It was no go for me.
    I have taken the eat what I want and track my calories approach that is so popular here and I haven't struggled
    (or barfed balls of meat :laugh: )
    Good luck to you if you try it. I know lots of people are successful and I hope you find success. In Dukan or whatever else works for you :)
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it before now but I'm considering purchasing book now that I checked out the website-thanks. Are you going to try it?