P90X Calorie Intake

Options
I'm starting P90X with my husband today and I'm not sure what I should bump my calorie intake to. I have a 1200 calorie goal here on MFP, but haven't been able to find anywhere online what type of calorie usage the workouts have. I don't want to set my goal too high.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    1800 mostly protein
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That program comes with a nutrition guide. I'd consult it and see what it recommends.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    According to the guide, each workout will burn ~600 cals.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I do P90X, and I have my daily calorie goal set at 1400 (without exercise). I usually burn between 400 - 600 calories, so then I will try to eat at least half of those calories back.
  • SouthernAsian
    SouthernAsian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll look into it.
  • hill65
    Options
    According to their guide's formula:

Body weight x 10 = RMR
    RMR x 20% = Daily Activity Burn
    RMR + Daily Activity Burn + 600 (I assume that's the calories burned in p90x) = energy amount

Then they break down the energy table into:

1,800-2,399 energy = 1,800 calories/day
    2,400-2,999 energy = 2,400 calories/day
    3,000+ energy = 3,000 calories/day

So, at 149 lbs, it has me at 1,800 calories a day.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Here is a great calculator for all the BeachBody programs: http://www.howtobefit.com/caloric-needs-calculator.htm

You'll be surprised how high a number of calories it recommends even to lose but it WORKS. I found out I was eating too few calories my first round so after my coach told me to EAT MORE, I started to drop my body fat % much faster. It's so odd to think that you have to eat MORE to lose more but it works!
  • crystified21
    crystified21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do P90X, and I have my daily calorie goal set at 1400 (without exercise). I usually burn between 400 - 600 calories, so then I will try to eat at least half of those calories back.

I do the same. I just started a week ago. Currently I am at 1200 (without exercise). If I don't see results by day 30, I'll up my calories. But I am just like you, I try to eat them back. At least half. Sometimes I am able to eat all. Not very often though.