Ladies........high heels

Options

Replies

• worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    I have never found them comfortable. I know a lot of women here have lost a lot more weight than I have, but 20 lbs down from my highest weight, they have not gotten any more comfortable.

But then again, I'm only 124 right now; if they're not comfy for me now, 1) I may just be a big baby, and 2) I doubt they ever will be.

I'm in the process right now of investing in a killer flats collection. They look great with skinny jeans!
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    After losing about 50lbs, I noticed my heels were alot more comfortable and was able to get bigger heels. Still only wear them to work and to go out though.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Cole Haan is another comfy brand. They hit all of the discount stores if you look around. My staying power is twice as long in my Cole Haan than most others.
  • brenna83
    Options
    I bought a pair of 4 in heels with a platform from Target a few weeks ago. I could not believe how easy they were for me to walk in and not bad on my foot. I used to wear them before I packed on the weight and now that I am closer to goal weight I feel better in them. I'm sure if I wore them all day they would still hurt but I only wear them to church or a night on the town. I hated and refused to wear them before.
  • mzjandiace
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

My daughter says there not comfy at all~ but she wears them cause there so cute! Red bottoms baby!
  • mzjandiace
    Options
    I LOVE my heels. I wear them at any weight, the truth in shoes, the better quality the less they hurt, and also get a platform it can be a hidden platform and it evens out the pressure. I have a pair of 4 inch to the eye but with the platform there a good two, but know one can tell the difference.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i love my heels i never wear anything else but no matter what they will hurt at some point beauty is pain remember? Kepp looking though i have a few pairs that are heaven, if my feet hurt i wear wedges.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    <---- HIGH HEELS make my legs look miles long which is awesome for a 5`3`` girl :D
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Nope, my heels hurt just as bad but look just as good. Wouldn't go anywhere without them.
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    I loooooooove high heels!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Agree with the quality over quantity argument. Expensive shoes can be really comfy. Also agree with the gel inserts. Another helpful thing are those no slip inserts that go in the ball of the shoe. :)

Totally agree. Unless you have a serious problem like I do, and you spend totally inappropriate amounts of money on shoes. It's an addiction...I wear heels almost every day! I put gel inserts in most of mine, some of my shoes are more comfortable than others, depending on the brand.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love heels, always have. But since I started losing, walking in heels is easier. I'm a very clumsy person, and it's weird but since I start losing, I feel more graceful in heels.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It depends how much weight you're talking. I've lost a fair bit and yes, it is easier to wear the things now than it was. I'm pretty sure that, by the time I've shed another 50lb, it will be easier still. There's some pretty simple science in operation here - you have a relatively narrow heel, bearing a large percentage of your body weight. The lower the body weight, the lower the pressure on that narrow band. (I guess it's a bit like someone leaning their weight on their elbow and leaning that elbow on you. If it's a 400lb person's weight, that's going to hurt a whole lot more than if your toddler did it....)

However, high heels do unnatural things to women's feet and legs, and yes, of course they're going to be uncomfortable at any weight.
  • Equinata
    Equinata Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Although, I am not at goal yet wearing my hills after weight loss is more comfortable to me.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

Louboutins KILL! They pretty much bent my feet backwards when I tried on a friend's pair for kicks (no way could I afford my own) and I don't normally have a problem with heels.
    anyone else have this issue? I wear heels all the time and I have no problem with them hurting my feet. My shoes usually cost a lot but not as much as Louboutins.

do you have small feet? i'm a UK size 4 and super high heels kill me more than longer footed people. Its because the heel height is the same no matter what your shoe size so people with smaller feet have to strain and arch more.

I'm a UK 5, so maybe slightly smaller than average, but not that much? I'm fine with heel height normally. It might be the width of the heel that bothered me, as I'm not a huge fan of stilettos.
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    I love wearing heels!! I'm on the shorter size, & love wearing 4-5 inch heels to give me that extra height. I prefer wearing them over any other shoe, & wear them with dresses, jeans, shorts, but the key to wearing heels is finding the right size, if you don't have the right size you will be miserable in them and won't learn how to walk correctly in them (and if you've lost weight, you really need to check the sizing because your feet get smaller just like your getting smaller, & its very important that you have heels that fit correctly) :-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No. I can't wear heels, and these days I feel crippled in shoes I can't run in.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~~ Yes they do !
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    the only way high heels don't hurt my feet is when i'm on my back.....if you know what I mean *wink wink, nudge nudge*LOL
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    No, no difference
    Probably not. I hear expensive shoes are more comfortable...

Yes, my designer guys rock!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!