Breakfast

Options
So I'm trying to eat healthier, but I find myself in such a rush in the morning that I just grab an apple, if anything, when I'm running out the door. Does anyone have any suggestions for good quick breakfast meals?

Replies

• elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Quaker oatmeal, yogurt, hard-boil eggs the night before, toast and peanut butter.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Orowheat mini sandwIch thins, turkey sausage patties....you can have 2 sausage Sammies for about 215 cals!!
    I just pre made 24 for the week for my family.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Orowheat mini sandwIch thins, turkey sausage patties....you can have 2 sausage Sammies for about 215 cals!!

mmMMmm that sounds good...I have those sandwich thins and some turkey i think i will have to try it! with my fat free cheese too =)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Quick cook oats cooked in 1 cup fat free milk
    add 2 TBSP Peanut butter & 1 TBSP Jam

O
    M
    G

Yes. It's that good.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options

I'm definitely going to give this a go w/ some egg whites and a Laughing cow cheese wedge!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    greek yougert - my every morning quick breakfast
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat a fried egg sandwich or cereal.
  • Hukedonfonix03
    Options
    Www.swole.me
  • garnislitton
    Options
    You can have the shakes full of nutrition or you can wake up just 5 minutes early to have proper breakfast as the heavy breakfast is very necessary and helpful for our body.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Make the effort to wake up earlier and have a nice big breakfast?

PB&J, with extra PB is always nice too.
  • rizzle4shizzle
    Options
    An english muffin(120 calories) sandwich with 1 egg white(17 calories), 3 slices of low sodium turkey bacon (75 calories) and 1/8 cup of lowfat mozzarella cheese ....I usually prepare my sandwich or wrap the night before and just heat it up in the morning. Hope this helps:)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've baked my own protein bars/cookies before. Whenever I travel or head to work, somewhere I'll be for a few hours, I'll grab one.

Find a decent recipe, make a huge batch one Sunday and freeze em, pull one out the night before.

Just an idea.
  • Emmajool
    Options
    Simply becoming more organized would help you find more time in the morning for breakfast without having to get up much earlier. Have everything you need set out and ready to go before you go to bed, including what you will wear. You won't feel so rushed and you might even have time to sit and enjoy a bowl of cereal or maybe even something warm for breakfast.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I like to cook a batch og steel cut oatmeal, then divide it into small containers - in themorning splash some almond milk over it, and whatever else I'm in the mood for (cranberries, brown sugar, etc) nuke it in the microwave and go!
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    Yoplait smoothies

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    make your own cereal bars and add ingrediants you like, just grab one and run, can give you a recipe if you need one
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I just dipped baby carrots into plain greek yogurt while I checked work emails. Now I'm having string cheese. It's great, and no cooking/warming/utensils required!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Before you go to bed mix up a cup of steel-cut oats with about 2 cups of milk (you can use water as well). Pop in the fridge overnight and by morning they'll be soft enough to eat uncooked. You can zap them in the microwave for a bit if you prefer them warm. Add raisins/cinnamon/etc the night before or in the morning if you want more flavor. Very filling and quick.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I get turkey sausage and make very thin patties from them and fry them in pan spray. Then I make some french toast by dipping 2 slices of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread in egg substitute and cooking them in pan spray as well. Then I cool everything off in the fridge. Then I make a sandwich out of the sausage and french toast and put it in a baggie and into the freezer. I make about 6 to 8 at a time. When I want them I take one out, put it on a paper plate and cover with an inverted paper plate and nuke it for about 45-55 seconds, put some low cal syrup on top and viola! I have a yummy, healthy breakfast in about a minute.

You can also just make the french toast ahead of time and nuke it for about 30-40 seconds and leave out the sausage. I find either way I get some carbs and protein which lasts the whole morning.

Good luck!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    An english muffin(120 calories) sandwich with 1 egg white(17 calories), 3 slices of low sodium turkey bacon (75 calories) and 1/8 cup of lowfat mozzarella cheese ....I usually prepare my sandwich or wrap the night before and just heat it up in the morning. Hope this helps:)

I need to try this one. I used to stop at McD's and get a sausage muffin every morning. This just gave me a great idea! Thanks!:bigsmile: