Colonic irrigation

Options
Has anyone had colonic irrigation, ive read so much about it, it seemingly really helps to get rid of so much rubbish inside and most people on their first go can lose between 8-12lbs, leaving you feeling lighter and not bloated.
I really want to try it,.

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical necessity for this it is a complete waste of money, uncomfortable, and any "loss" you have will not be FAT.
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your colon is meant to be self-cleansing. Unless you have a serious medical issue, your food does not collect inside the intestine. And if it did, that would quickly lead to necrosis and death. Not only that, but the lining of the intestine is replaced every few days (IIRC). A colonic is nothing but a way for its practitioners to make money.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ok, bend over!!

1236294457ktVOat.jpg
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Ok, bend over!!

1236294457ktVOat.jpg

I just came in here to see what ^ this guy posted.

Son I am not disappoint.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a condition, your body does not have impacted material in your colon - some things just move through more slowly.

Washing out the resident flora and bacteria can set you up for a whole host of problems. That, and there is a risk of perforating your colon.

Awkward.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I knew of at least 3 people who had these done regularly...I don't know why, maybe to be cleaned out or have a lighter feeling?

I would think you could go on a super fresh juice and fruits and vegetable fast for a couple of days and "get rid" of anything you might think is hanging out. Lots of water, etc.

But to get my intestines washed :sad: :blushing:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    (perhaps TMI BUT you asked ;)

I have IBS with constipation.. I'd consider it severe as I generally only have a BM every 2-3 weeks. A few years ago I found a colonic spa near me and decided to try it out.. I had 5-6 over the course of a couple months and only once did I experience any pain or discomfort during it. It is interesting to participate in.. you get to see everything that is inside you, come out! I had some gastric tests done too to rule out some disorders and those were covered by my healthy insurance.. the colonix is not..

Not sure if I helped your question. I didn't weigh myself before and after, but I def had more energy and felt better! =)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    8 - 12 lbs, wow that's a whole lotta crap.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your colon is meant to be self-cleansing. Unless you have a serious medical issue, your food does not collect inside the intestine. And if it did, that would quickly lead to necrosis and death. Not only that, but the lining of the intestine is replaced every few days (IIRC). A colonic is nothing but a way for its practitioners to make money.

Totally agree. I asked my gastroenterologist about this and he basically said it's a bunch of crap. Stool does not collect on the walls of the colon and intestine. Think about the pics you've seen of the colon and intestine walls. They are not coated in crap, but look solft, pink and mucousy.
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    no kidding. lol
  • laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. I have had lots of abdominal surgeries and at one point had an ileostomy. I listened to a radio interview with one of my surgeons and he was saying that one of the hard parts of his job is that he has done many ileostomies on young women who have damaged their colons by trying to irrigate it. Not trying to scare you, but I wouldn't do it.