breast feeding on a gluten free diet and healthy weight los

Options
Hi
I'm a mom of four, youngest just turned 1. I am breast feeding and my baby is underweight for her age, even tho she eats three meals, two snacks a day and nurses. When she was nine months old her Dr told me to feed her bread and she would put on weight but at her year check had gain no weight in the last three month.Come to find out she and I have gluten intolerance.
I'm soon to be 27 and have been trying to get to a heathy weight for the last ten years. We have been gluten free for the last six weeks and I feel so much better. Baby does too went from getting up 5 times a night to 1-2 a night. Is there any one that can give me advice about breast feeding on a gluten free diet and healthy weight loss. Thanks

Replies

• mastock64
    Options
    Hi! Check out the book "Wheat Belly." http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311080439&sr=8-1

It's a must read for gluten intolerant people especially, but also for those who are not. I am not gluten intolerant, but when I tested his theory and eliminated wheat products for two weeks, I discovered that I lost weight (even though I did not reduce calories) and more importantly, I felt better. His book contains recipes and advice on how to transition from a wheat-based diet to one that is higher in proteins, vegetables, fruits, and non-wheat carbohydrates.

Good luck, and I hope you and your daughter continue to feel great!

Melissa