I need food suggestions.

Options
I am currently on a low glycemic diet and can't meet my calorie intake before I blow protein, fat and sugar off the chart. I need healthy carb suggestions that have calories, but not protein or sugar.

Replies

• venetianz
    venetianz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I dont know anything about low glycemic diet but i know most veggies have less protein less carbs and less fat, they are very balanced
  • steach
    steach Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for your response! I love vegaetables, but most are low calorie...but it is a good start. I will search for higher calorie veggies.
  • samhelen
    Options
    From what I've been reading potatoes now are considered low glycemic -- and I wouldn't be as concerned about blowing your protein numbers as I would be the fat and carbs -- if you need to boost caloric intake look at your servings of low fat or lean meats, that's going to give you the most bang for your buck as will lots of green leafy vegetables like spinach and the darker leaf lettuces. Low fat cheese will also boost your calorie intake and is low glycemic -- on a low glycemic diet when you're watching calories, fats, carbs, protein etc, you're most likely going to blow past your protein allotment in MFP to reach your target caloric intake while keeping the carb intake in the range you're shooting for.
  • steach
    steach Posts: 10
    Options
    On a low glycemic diet when you're watching calories, fats, carbs, protein etc, you're most likely going to blow past your protein allotment in MFP to reach your target caloric intake while keeping the carb intake in the range you're shooting for.
    [/quote]

I am getting a lot of proteing, but I think it is good protein from walnuts, almonds and beans. Since I quit worring about anything but carbs and low glycemic choices, I have lost more weight. Thanks for your advice!