My body zigged when it should have zagged

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
For those who have met their goals...

how did you handle it when you did everything right and your results were not as expected? How did you keep your focus mentally?

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I just take a deep breath, mutter a few expletives and carry on regardless! It will happen!

I haven't met my main target yet but I've passed a couple on the way!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You would think by now that I would have this under control. But it is still real discouraging to be proud of my efforts and not see the results that I was looking for.
  • athrax
    Options
    It is discouraging, you're right.

When I'm not getting the results I'm looking for when I think I'm doing the right things to get there, I just try to be real with myself- plain and simple. Were my expectations too high? Maybe I "cheated" more than I thought I did? I take a moment to think about it, maybe look over what I've been doing, be real and then set myself straight with how I can improve or what I have to do to get back on track.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Well it definitely gets harder on the other side. 5 lbs in 90 days does not make me happy.

And yes... I know I have lost mega inches since then, but I need more than that.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Make slight adjustments, and give it time. If those adjustments don't work, make more.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I find perspective. Like yesterday, when I did my measurements and my thighs had not gotten any smaller. Instead of being disappointed, I decided it was awesome because they had not got any bigger, and furthermore because they jiggle less. I got back to work and i went at it harder. This morning, my legs hurt, but in a good way. I can feel the burn when going up/down stairs, heck even when I squat to sit on the toilet.
    If you feel like you have taken a step back, take 2 steps forward. You are awesome, you have come so far already, why give up now?
    I have not met my goals, but I am very very determined to get there. I have a life waiting for me at the end of that rainbow and I don't want to live it looking like a blob.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I find perspective. Like yesterday, when I did my measurements and my thighs had not gotten any smaller. Instead of being disappointed, I decided it was awesome because they had not got any bigger, and furthermore because they jiggle less. I got back to work and i went at it harder. This morning, my legs hurt, but in a good way. I can feel the burn when going up/down stairs, heck even when I squat to sit on the toilet.
    If you feel like you have taken a step back, take 2 steps forward. You are awesome, you have come so far already, why give up now?
    I have not met my goals, but I am very very determined to get there. I have a life waiting for me at the end of that rainbow and I don't want to live it looking like a blob.

I'm not in danger of giving up. I've come too far to do that. I just feel a bit deflated by it these days.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!