Should I count total weight loss or recent weight loss?

Options
I have lost 44 pounds since Sept 2011 (since joining MFP) and I get asked how much I have lost constantly.

But...in Sept 2010 I weighed 265 lbs and went on atkins and lost 40 pounds in 4 months. I then maintained that within 5 pounds from Jan 2011 until Sept 2011 when I got serious to get the rest of the weight off. (I stayed atkins/low carb that whole time but one cheat would throw me off and I bounced up and down endlessly on the scale).

So technically I have lost a total of 80 pounds in my weight loss journey.

A lot of people at my work or in my sons class don't know the 265 pound me, but they know the 229 lb me so that is the other dilemma.

What would you do?

Also can I go into MFP and stick in my high weight from sept 2010 to reflect my total weight loss on my ticker?

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I believe you can change your starting weight in MFP to reflect whatever you want. Congrats!

As far as what to tell the other, I would say "I have lost 80 lbs total from my all time high weight" or similar.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I struggled with this question too...I have lost a total of 76 pounds but it has been such a gradual change. In fact ittook over 2 years to lose 56 of those pounds, and I maintained for the longest. But then this year I have lost an additional 20 pounds so when people ask and I say 76 they are shocked because they can probably only see the 20!! I say just explain that its total but I now add 20 of them being in the last few months.

as for your ticker you can change it under your check in on the bottom it says edit previous entries :flowerforyou:

ps awesome loss!!!
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I will just keep explaining total weight loss and recent, but I am going to change my ticker to reflect my hard work. :)
  • OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    I have the same issue! It's nice to see the responses and hear from others in the same boat.