Protein Powder

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I am looking for your help!

I have been doing Body By Vi by Visalus and it is just getting too expensive but I love having a shake for breakfast and its convenient.

What protein powder/ meal replacement do you use?

Replies

• RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm new to protein powders, so I'm sure there are better ones out there, btu I use the Biggest Loser Vanilla protein powder - tastes good and is pretty versatile
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress available at Walmart. Its cheap and is low calorie/high protein
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    How much sugar is in it?
  • tls2971
    tls2971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use GeniSoy or Nature's Plus Frutein. GeniSoy is less expensive than Frutein, but I like the taste of Frutein better. I didn't like the Biggest Loser mix as well and I believe it had more calories than the others.
  • mamacita77
    Options
    I use the GNC total lean Lean shake meal replacement...chocolate flavor...the taste is phenomenal and I have tried sooooooooo many protein shakes and nothing compares to the taste of the meal replacement one. The sugar is 5g for 2 scoops. 180 calories and since I naturally eat high protein through other foods the protein content is 9g. It has 2g of fat 30g of carbs, 8g of dietary fiber Viutamin A Iron Vitamin E Thiamin Riboflavin Niacin Vitamin b6 Folic acid Vitamin b 12 Biotin Pantothenic Acid Phosphorus Magnesium Zinc Selenium Copper Manganese Chromium Molybdenum all have 20% daily value. Vitamin C 60%...calcium and Iodine both have 50%....it is very filling.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey , 120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar, 24g protein , excellent product , i wont use anything else
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Meal Replacement-Shakeology

Protein shake-Pure Protein-Vanilla :)
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition gold standard whey as a meal replacement. I mix 1 scoop of the protein powder with 12oz of soy milk. I think it's delicious and it's convenient. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey , 120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar, 24g protein , excellent product , i wont use anything else

This is what I use a lot. If you get it online you can get yummy flavors like rocky road and chocolate mint

Glad you see that the body bi vi is not a good choice!
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I have heard nothing but high remarks for Optimum Nutrition and I bought some last week. I just made myself a shake and it most definitely lives up to its reputation!!!
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use the Gold Standard Whey protein. The banana cream flavor is the best one in my opinion but the cookies and cream isn't too bad either.
  • Optimum Nutrition 100% Golld Standard Whey , 120 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb, 1g sugar, 24g protein , excellent product , i wont use anything else

Agreed! Love this stuff.
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options

This is what I use a lot. If you get it online you can get yummy flavors like rocky road and chocolate mint

Glad you see that the body bi vi is not a good choice!

I wanted rocky road but they didn't have it at GNC, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised haha.
  • jdavison91
    Options
    I use Six Star Nutrition, 26g protein per scoop, low sugar, and it include Creatine and BCAA's. I mix it with PB2 to make a nice peanut butter protein shake. When I am low on protein, I'll throw in an extra scoop for 52g in a single shake. I get it at Walmart for around $16.
  • mszebra
    Options
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Whey Protein is my new best friend. LOVE LOVE.
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    How much sugar is in it?

This question posted after a Body Fortress recommendation. Assuming the question is for BF, I'm looking at vanilla right now.
    140 Cal
    1 sugar
    3 carbs
    26 protein
    2 total fat
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    How much sugar is in it?

There is only one gram of Sugar in the body fortress vanilla, not sure of the others but I'm sure its pretty low!!
  • DoBetterDrea
    DoBetterDrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use Promasil. It's filling, tastes really good and doesn't leave an icky aftertaste like other protein powders that I've used in the past. It's available at GNC and runs about $45. I'd recommend it!
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I asked a friend about this the other day. He told me the rule of thumb is you take the amount of protein per serving and multiple it by 4. If its way over in calories compared to the protein then there is to much "junk" aka sugar and carbs in the powder.

example: a powder has 20g of protein per serving.. It would come to 80 calories, it should come within 10 calories. So 90 would be ok. If it comes to say 140 then it has to much crap in it and not worth it.

If your using it for a replacement meal then that's a different story. I will use mine for snacks, drink after workout. etc
  • m615dan
    Options

Agreed. That's what I use. Just don't get anything from EAS.