Girl Scout Cookies...

Options
The Girl Scout Cookies I ordered just came in...Caramel deLights..70 calories a cookie. It's so hard having just one when I could easily eat the whole box since I wait basically all year for them...haha.

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon yesterday and after the race there were Girl Scouts EVERYWHERE selling their delicious cookies to all us famished runners. Those little girls are pret-ty smart business women haha

I could do some serious damage to a box of Caramel de Lights! Those are my fav!
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Make little ziploc baggies of 1 or 2 cookies so you can have a little snack pack once a day or so.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Make little ziploc baggies of 1 or 2 cookies so you can have a little snack pack once a day or so.

Well the problem is I'm currently unemployed (grrr bad economy), so i'm stuck at home all day with them sitting in the kitchen, haah.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've heard you can freeze the cookies, so at least it will take you longer to eat them, should you break into the freezer! :tongue:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    oh i forgot that i ordered them. Good thing i'm packing a military box so i can ship them out. wheewww
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Try having 2 girls in girl scouts and approximately 250 cookies in your house at one time. Luckily, most of them are gone now but I did order some to keep as well and let's just say these damn cookies are going to be the death of me. This is exactly why I don't buy sweets or chips. If I just keep healthy food in my house, I don't have a choice when I'm hungry BUT to eat the healthy food.
  • sloew
    sloew Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    GGRrrr my downfall1! lol.. and then I found out how good the trefoil ones with nutella!!! :ohwell:

I've hidden them so I don't see them as much, these ones will last longer than a week. lol

I was talking to a friend and we wonder why they don't sell them at the end of the year when less people are on diets and people have more money, before Christmas buys! New year brings resolutions to lose weight and save money!! Oh well. hehe
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ooooo Thin Mints... I love them so. There is a shake place close to my apt that uses Herbalife products. The guy said they have a limited edition Mint protein powder. He made me an oreo shake and put in a scoop of that powder.... exactly like thin mint cookies. I nearly died then and there! Don't know about the other GS cookies..... they make 2 other GS like shakes, Samoas and Tagalongs. I personally don't buy them in any more :sad: but my mom still gets the Thin Mints and freezes them. It's so hard to only eat ONE serving!
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ooooo Thin Mints... I love them so. There is a shake place close to my apt that uses Herbalife products. The guy said they have a limited edition Mint protein powder. He made me an oreo shake and put in a scoop of that powder.... exactly like thin mint cookies. I nearly died then and there! Don't know about the other GS cookies..... they make 2 other GS like shakes, Samoas and Tagalongs. I personally don't buy them in any more :sad: but my mom still gets the Thin Mints and freezes them. It's so hard to only eat ONE serving!

Yeah, I've seen Edy's ice cream in the grocery store has Thin Mint and Caramel deLight (Samoas) limited edition ice cream, I haven't yet tried it though.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't buy them (former GS!) - I love thin mints too much. They're really made from crack...lol
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love carmel de lights. I had some last week man I had no control at all!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the samoas.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    two words...

Frozen Samoas
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep...my hubby ordered 7 boxes...wtf? UGH!!!!!!! Im going to kill him!:love:
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Can not have em in the house. I order them from my niece, and then make HER parents keep em! Samoas and Thin Mints frozen delights.
  • meganalain09
    Options
    Mine ordered 9 AND told me to get my own!
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Before joining MFP i bought 3 boxes of girl scout cookies. I am dreading the day they deliver the boxes to me. I might just bring them in the lounge and let the other people enjoy them so i can stay on track .
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    This is our second year with Girl Scouts, so we've had them in the house for weeks now. Honestly the selling and cookie booths and all that fun stuff has completely turned me off to the cookies themselves, at least until last saturday when i had to do a quality check on the shortbreads. if i get into the lemonades i'm doomed. just doomed.

hubby, on the other hand, was a ravenous beast last night. he likes them all. he's welcome to them.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I got some today too sadly! caramel delights/samoas and thin mints!! Kind of wish I could give them back! love the caramel delights! :wink:
  • MikaRochelle
    Options
    I ordered 5 boxes, now I am trying to figure to find a way to share the love with other people so I don't eat all 5 boxes.