30 day shred

Options
How do u put in a new work out for the shred? And how many calories do u usually use?

Replies

• annamerrick
    annamerrick Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been told that the best way to log a 30DS workout is as 'circuit training'. I just did my first 30DS workout tonight. Are you just starting as well?
  • Damyers65
    Damyers65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also log it in as circuit training. It's a great workout!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I just started a new group if you want to join in !

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3473-jillian-30-day-challenge
  • jllynne
    Options
    I have been doing the 30DS for a while now and based on the level, my calorie burn is different. I have a HRM (heart rate monitor) and I did 240 calories tonight on Level 2. The only adjustment is that I extend the cool-down/stretch as I need to do more stretching than she instructs. It's a great workout for a short amount of time!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It's best to wear a hrm, as it is more accurate. On level 1, I only burned around 160-180 calories, on level 2 I can burn from 204-231 depending on gow hard I push.. SO each time will very based on the effort you put into it. My weight is around 130 and I am 5'3...if that is any help about how many cals you could possible burn, based on weight.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I also do a little more stretching..
  • heathermarie311
    Options
    Well I pushed my self pretty hard. I never sweat and I was a hot mess last night lol