Closing in on 50, and noticing it!

Options
I'm 46 but feel 66. My back is aching, and my hips and knees are messed up. My legs and butt are full of cellulite and the skin now sags. The rest of me, ... I love... LOL I want to get back into my size 9 clothes. I'm currently in a 13. My hips and butt are taking over my life! SOOOO here I am, but since I'm enjoying a glass of wine at the moment, due to depression with my size, I'll start in morning.

Replies

• ckerce
    ckerce Posts: 25
    Options
    I am 48 years young and I hit rock bottom about a year ago. I was 152 pounds and in a size 10 and they were getting tight....Straightened my act up and now I am a "Loose size 4" ! I gained a few pounds back and am currently trying to get it off plus i want to lose an extra 5. When i watch my food intake and work out i feel wonderful! I have a friend that is 39 and she is obese and in very poor health. Fibromyalgia being the worst of them. I wish that we lived near each other because her husband is so bad for her. He is severely overweight so he doesnt encourage her when she wants to lose some weight and then she just quits and gains it back plus some. She knows she is overweight and I never tell her that she is fat but she knows i want her to feel better and the only way she will is it she starts to take better care of herself. My worst area is my inner thighs...so hard to tighten them up and they sag. Even a size 4 can have sagging parts and i would love to just chop it off. if i could afford a plastic surgeon to do it I would jump all over it! If you need a friend for encourgment I would love to be ur online buddy! i know i could use it!
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 47 and I am on the GI diet. I drank a few glasses of wine in the past weeks and i'm still losing weight. Like most people say here. It is a life style change. Focus on healthy natural food and you will lose weight. Check your daily calorie intake and try to exercise. Keep away from junk food. I thought I would never lose weight but it is happening and you are going to get a lot of support here on MFP. Add me as a friend if you want. I log on everyday.
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am cough 41. I been a size 7/8 the last 5 years. I average about 135 to 136 in weight. I just did not like the way I looked. My legs are my favorite part and I have a little butt. My issue is the small muffin top I have. I have now lost 8 lbs and have 8 more to go till I reach my goal. I will need to maintain this till Oct of next year for my wedding. I have my dress but it was a just a little tight. I am thinking that a 16 lb change will make it fit perfect and the only alteration I will need is a hem and to have a bustle put into my dress. Wish I knew how to get pics up on here because I would add it to my page. I love my dress!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh it's it that bad turning 50 they say it's the new 40. LOL Before i started i felt kinda tired and sluggish now after exercise and etter eating i feel great! Welcome to MFP there is plenty of help and support on here. Just stay focused on your goals and most of all enjoy your new way of life. If you need more friends feel free to add me. :-)
  • koukla702
    Options
    You've come to a great site! Just take it one day at a time!
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oooops! That would be healthier eating. Sorry fat fingered
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. I feel great when I'm exercising and eating right. Take one day at a time and don't give up!