TRX/suspension training

Options
Has anyone been able to find out how many calories TRX burns?

Replies

• jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been doing at TRX class for the last couple of months and use the Body Media Fit, and depending on the instructor, an hour class generally burns between 200-300 calories. The big difference was whether the class had more of a cardio focus or more of a strength-building focus, the former burning way more calories. As I said, these classes were one hour, and even the ones that focused far more on strength-building would have a cardio portion -- anything from bear crawls and bunny jumps up the stairs (repeatedly) to running around the block to jumping up (and down) onto 1-foot boxes. So, if you can incorporate a little cardio into your workout, I'd say you could potentially average about 250 cals an hour. (Keeping in mind, of course, the obligatory mentions of different calorie burns for different people, different sizes, etc.)
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    TRX! I love TRX!!!

My trainer introduced me to TRX last year and now he teaches a class, which I happliy
    attend once a week. He mixes in a bunch of cardio between exercises to get a full body
    work out. I wear an FT7 HR monitor with calorie counter and typically burn 350-450 cal
    per 1 hour class. (I'm 42 female 153lbs).

I highly recommend TRX if you are looking for strength training and toning. While there
    are many muscle specific exercises to be done, ALL of them will strengthen your core and
    work other muscles too. I can't believe how much work my forearms get and even more unbelieveable
    is that I can actually see defninition of the muscles IN my foreams when working out now lol.
    After years of hiding my "back fat" in big shirts, I now proudly wear tank tops to show off my arms
    in tank tops, even naming my triceps after my trainer lol.

HOpe you enjoy as much as I do! Good luck!