Insanity Recovery Week Question

Options
So I'm about to start my recovery week of Insanity today. I have a formal event coming up this Saturday, so I really would love to be able to drop another pound or so before then. I was considering sort of skipping the recovery week and possibly alternating Core Cardio and Balance with the Week 1 Month 2 workouts every other day to make that first week a little easier. I don't feel at all sore right now, but I know the month 2 workouts are hard, so I'm afraid totally skipping the recovery and exercising this week will cause more water retention, and I'll look even bigger in my little dress this weekend! I know most of you will probably say "you should follow the plan exactly," but I really am not at all sore today, so I don't see the harm in skipping part of the recovery week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smile:

Replies

• erinsmith1983
    erinsmith1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    the recovery week workout are decent workouts, I'd do them.
  • trasista4
    trasista4 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure what plan your doing.( I haven't heard of it) However, from experience once you hurt yourself or get an injury you're out for weeks. Maybe just cut back on some calories and do some fast pace walking. Only you know your body. Good luck and God's many Blessings. Trasista4
  • katiefox21
    katiefox21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I guess I didn't really explain what I was planning on doing very well.

I was basically thinking about just doing Core Cardio and Balance 3 times this week instead of 6, and doing Max Interval Circuit, Max Interval Plyo, and Max Cardio Conditioning the other 3 days. I think I will just do the full recovery week though, since I do 1.5 hours of African Dance twice a week (It's actually a class I'm taking for college credit, so I wouldn't want to get hurt and not be able to go!) and usually run twice a week too. As much as I'd like to drop a little extra weight before the weekend, I don't want to overdo it!