Struggling today

I hit a milestone a couple of days ago. Starting at 350 lbs, I have lost enough weight to fall beneath the 330 lb weight limit on our Wii Fit Balance Board so that I can begin tracking using that instead of our less-than-reputable bathroom scale. Unfortunately, for the past couple of days I have been teetering around the 330 lb mark. Normally it wouldn't bother me, except that I weigh in on the Wii in the morning, but a couple of hours later I come back to it and I am over the weight limit so I can not use it to work out on unless I do it at 4 in the morning (which I can not do at risk of waking up the children). So because of this happening this morning, it has put me into a depression that I can't seem to shake. I just want to hide in the kitchen and stuff my face with everything that's in there but the thought of doing that makes me nauseous. It has gotten to the point that I actually FEAR calories sometimes. I weigh the cost of eating something by how many calories it has, and I usually just opt out of eating anything unless it is a meal time for the family. I know that a lot of this has to do with my boredom because I am off work today, and I'm pretty much just ranting to get some of this off of my chest so that I don't blow up on my family.

How do you overcome these occasional struggles?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    First off, congrats on your success so far! :flowerforyou:

We definitely gain a little weight throughout the day, and then lose it again overnight. It's just the food and water that you're putting into your body that's causing it. I know right now that it's frustrating because you have an upper limit you have to work with. Can you put off using the Wii for a few more days until you're safely under the limit? There are tons of workout videos available on YouTube that you might try in the meantime or even go out for a walk and soak in some (hopefully there is some in your area) sunshine.
  • Don't give up on yourself and don't sabatoge your success. Celebrate what you have accomplished and recognize that you can and do achieve your goals. It sounds to me like using the wii fit is a new goal for you, so treat it like that. You just celebrated one milestone, so it's time to find another one to shoot for. If it's using the wii, then set the goal and go after it! Remember that starving yourself by not eating won't help you lose weight and it may actually take longer to lose. Hang in there, you're doing great! Treat yourself like you would a friend who came to you with the same issue. Tell yourself what you would tell them and give yourself the same care as you would them. You deserve to be treated with love, especially from yourself!
  • Try and turn your focus away from the number on the scale and focus on your health and how you feel. If you're eating well and exercising consistently you will succeed. If you can, take a walk when you're feeling discouraged. It will help you clear your head and you'll be exercising at the same time. Stay strong and focus on healthier living. Good luck.