Healthy Cookie Dough Fix

Options
PamelaKeebler
PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
I came across this recipe the other day on damyhealth.com and had to share. Again, this is NOT my recipe- I want to make sure credit is given where it's due! The recipe is actually called Cookie Dough Hummus, but that sounds a little gross. I made it out of sheer curiosity and it's AMAZING. No joke, blew my mind. I ate it (1/3 C. portion) with a spoon. The site doesn't provide nutrition information and I have yet to calculate it. (For reference, 1/3 c. chick peas= 90 cal) If someone else wants to, that would be lovely. I'm not advertising for the web site where I found the recipe or anything... I hope it's ok that I'm posting it. I actually found it on pinterest. (I'm a total addict)

Recipe below:

Cookie Dough Hummus

Ingredients
• 1 1/2 Cups Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
• 1/4 Cup Cashew Butter
• 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
• 1/4 Cup Agave (Honey or Stevia)
• 2 Packets of Truvia (or Stevia of choice)
• 3 Tbsp Flax Meal (Ground Flax)
• 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
• Dash of Salt
• 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
• 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or Carob)

Directions
1. Place all ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) in your food processor and blend until perfectly smooth.
2. Scoop into a bowl and stir-in chocolate chips.
3. Serve!

1 Serving= 1/3 Cup

Replies

• jennforolivia
    jennforolivia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    must try!
  • phoebenaiman
    phoebenaiman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I made a similar recipe yesterday too! So DELISH! I brought it to a family dinner and nobody would believe me when I said it was chickpeas!
  • clairelizapritch
    Options
    I have to try that
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Your description is great. Thanks for sharing!
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for anything that taste like cookie dough!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I came across this recipe the other day on damyhealth.com and had to share. Again, this is NOT my recipe- I want to make sure credit is given where it's due! The recipe is actually called Cookie Dough Hummus, but that sounds a little gross. I made it out of sheer curiosity and it's AMAZING. No joke, blew my mind. I ate it (1/3 C. portion) with a spoon. The site doesn't provide nutrition information and I have yet to calculate it. (For reference, 1/3 c. chick peas= 90 cal) If someone else wants to, that would be lovely. I'm not advertising for the web site where I found the recipe or anything... I hope it's ok that I'm posting it. I actually found it on pinterest. (I'm a total addict)

Recipe below:

Cookie Dough Hummus

Ingredients
    • 1 1/2 Cups Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed)
    • 1/4 Cup Cashew Butter
    • 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
    • 1/4 Cup Agave (Honey or Stevia)
    • 2 Packets of Truvia (or Stevia of choice)
    • 3 Tbsp Flax Meal (Ground Flax)
    • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
    • Dash of Salt
    • 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
    • 1/3 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (or Carob)

Directions
    1. Place all ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) in your food processor and blend until perfectly smooth.
    2. Scoop into a bowl and stir-in chocolate chips.
    3. Serve!

1 Serving= 1/3 Cup

just made this last night :) with splenda/brown sugar mix, peanut butter, 2 cans of chickpeas, skim milk, steel cut oats, and alcohol-free vanilla. should have added a dash of raw honey though!!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    wow! no flour. I'll try this on saturday day.