Need some quick advice

Options
Ok so it is 1:42….I don’t feel run down like usual but my stomach is growling! Counting my dinner I am at my calories  NOW WHAT??? Urggh…..

Replies

• Osulindsay21
    Osulindsay21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert so I'm not sure if it's GOOD advice, but can tell you what I'd do. Drink a big glass of water then wait about 10 minutes. If you are still hungry, go eat a piece of fruit or something and see if you can shave a little off of dinner by reducing a portion size slightly.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    And going over your calories won't kill you. If you're hungry, eat. But do try drinking some water first... Or chew gum?
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    or drink hot green tea and then have a fruit.
  • michellezan
    Options
    Chewing gum works great for me. Also getting some fiber will fill you up. I like Metamucil...it's only 20 calories, it's basically pure fiber, and it fills you up!
  • toriann143
    Options
    A good snack is homemade popcorn - only 30 cals give or take. (I think it's 31) Buy kernels and brown paper bags. 1/4 cup kernels poured in a brown bag, fold twice and microwave. Makes 1 cup popped. You can add some I can't believe its not butter spray if you don't like it plain. Much cheaper too - About $5 total and lasts quite a while :)
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking enough water. We sometimes interpret thirst as hunger. Still, if you're really hungry, eat something. Go for a walk or get in a little extra exercise if you need to earn some calories back. And as someone else said, going over once in a while isn't gonna hurt you.
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Go for a bit of a walk with your water bottle and earn back a few calories then eat them at your leisure.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Protein shake or protein bar, a string cheese, a few slices of turkey, cottage cheese, edamame, a hardboiled egg or two, a small handful of almonds-- anything high protein, has some fat in it, and isn't high in carbs. PROTEIN IS THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT SATISFIES HUNGER AND SUPPRESSES APPETITE.
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    Protein shake or protein bar, a string cheese, a few slices of turkey, cottage cheese, edamame, a hardboiled egg or two, a small handful of almonds-- anything high protein, has some fat in it, and isn't high in carbs. PROTEIN IS THE NUMBER ONE THING THAT SATISFIES HUNGER AND SUPPRESSES APPETITE.

Agree, agree, agree.

Many people who need to lose weight are "carb sensitive" and a snack like popcorn is not likely to last and may lead to more carb cravings later. A higher protein snack will likely carry you through to that dinner you have planned.