please share ideas for lunch

Options
Getting bore with lunches. Please share your favorate lunch. Need some new ideas or recipes.

Replies

• jna1957
    Options
    i have a shake - EAS or Slimfast with a greek yogurt
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My usual lunch is a sandwich made with 40 calorie per slice whole wheat bread, low sodium turkey breast lunch meat, one slice of cheese, and some balsamic vinegar drizzled on it. Then I have a greek yogurt with it, and a granny smith apple as a snack later in the afternoon. Altho I am looking to add something to it, maybe baby carrots or something else healthy but not too high in calories.
  • wannagofast27
    Options
    Lunch is where I like to fit in my salad for the day. a healthy sandwhich with a small side salad really fills me up and then i have a Luna bar as a snack :)
  • CMDCMstr3
    CMDCMstr3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where do you get 40 cal per slice wheat bread?
  • tammi42
    tammi42 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just had a few tbsp of hummus, carrots, cucumber slices and pita chips
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    bump!
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    A starkist tuna pouch with a tbsp of mayo its only 180 calories and its a good amount put on some saltines only 10 calories a cracker. It's a pretty filling lunch
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I get bored with food in general, but I take porridge and a banana for lunch, Not very exciting, but it warms me up on a cold day at work,
    Other days I love ricecakes with mashed banana on top, or peanut butter ( for those days when you need the extra) Also Total fat free greek yoghurt with fresh fruit in it is yummy and filling and fat free!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    Aunt Millie's Light Whole Wheat (i think that's what it is) is about that for a slice and it's pretty good.
  • sollyn
    Options
    what does bump mean? Silly newby to the site and curious.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use Natures Own Light bread and that is 40 calories per slice.
  • sollyn
    Options
    That sounds yummy!
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm making turkey chili right now... will make for a quick and healthy lunch during the week. I also prepared some stir-fry veggies to eat with rice noodles. I usually prepare different things on sunday so it's all ready for the week.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Where do you get 40 cal per slice wheat bread?

Aunt Millies and Sara Lee both have a light version. I suggest the honey wheat Sara Lee bread, 2 slices is 90 calories. The Aunt Millies tends to taste kind of artificial to me (and not filling).
  • Costello08
    Costello08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have soup just about every day for lunch. It's quick and easy. Right now my favorite is Campbell's Select Harvest Southwestern Style Vegetable. YUMMY! And only 100 calories for the container.
  • _Nathan
    Options
    I like a small can of Tuna (100 calories) with 2 tablespoons of Relish (30 calories) on a slice of Sara Lee Jewish Rye Bread (70 calories). It's light, satisfying and only 200 total calories.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary for some ideas!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I usually cook chicken on sunday nights for the week, so then I have it on hand for the week...salads, wrap, by itself, etc
    I also drink Shakeology for lunch
    I'll cook up some turkey burger patties.
    just a few of my favs :)